Downtime this weekend - Moving Servers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:clapping: woooo hooo no more slugish hondaswap

I rember when scored 2 10gb 10k scsi drives and controller back in the day and i did a raid0 setup everyone thought that was the shit. Can you even get scsi drives any more ore did sata knock them out. Wish i would have stayed in school for computers things have grown so much in the last 5yrs. I wouldnt even know where to start chosing componets for a server any more. Rember when hard drives used to cost almost $1 per MB then they were $1 per GB now its almost $1 per TB

I still have a pile of 9.1GB SCSI drives...

lol yea things get outdated way to fast just think if engine technology grew as fast as electronics

yah, we would be driving $20,000 nuclear cars that have 0 emissions with 500 horsepower and go 0-60 in 2 seconds on electric motors,
oh yah, and all we would have to do is think about it and it would happen, no pedals, no steering, just as quick as we could think things would happen.

o well tho, we are stuck with the internal combustion engine, circa 1860: Belgian Jean Joseph Etienne Lenoir (1822–1900) produced a gas-fired internal combustion engine similar in appearance to a horizontal double-acting steam beam engine, with cylinders, pistons, connecting rods, and flywheel in which the gas essentially took the place of the steam. This was the first internal combustion engine to be produced in numbers.
*from wikipedia

All because that's what the consumer expects. Look at the audiences for the computer market, cars, and especially mobile phones in the US compared to other countries...

yeah, it's way behind :D

japan has far more gadgets
europe has far cooler cars with better fuel mileage

:werd:

All because the companies know they can get away with stringing the consumers along longer here.

Has anyone else noticed a problem with Google Chrome? If I open HS in IE everything works fine, but when I browse through Chrome I'm still getting the "Performing surgery :D We'll be back in a little bit. ----------------- Update: almost done with the server move. Just waiting on DNS now. thx for the patience." message. I only noticed the site was back up yesterday because I got on a computer that only had IE installed. Just wondering if its just my machine or all Chrome users.

I tried that already...nothing happening. Anyone else have Chrome installed that could try browsing to Hondaswap?

Back