DPFI to MPFI...Ambushed!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

peanut

I've read through almost everything, before starting this swap. Comparing this swap article by this guru and another article by another guru and so on. I've mods on like CAI, Tri-Y header, MSD coil / ignitor, Bosch fuel pump, boost valve...going the supercharger/turbo route you know...but I knew the DPFI sucks. (It was only making good power occasionally...you know the G's when you floor it, and sometimes it didn't) (best 0-60 in 8 over secs)

I bought my Si intake manifold, JDM. Larger rail with bigger injectors and a 57mm (vernier calipered) throttle bore. Soldered the resistor box wiring to the injector wiring.

Then I checked the ecu again. Hey...wait a min... where the f%^# is the white and orange wires at C1 & C2 (for crank angle sensor) :doh:

Instead I've a green/blue wire at C1 and yellow/blue wire at C2. Nothing at B10 and B12. The ecu is a denshigiken P04 (Date of Manufacture 12 Mar 92) OBD-0 strangely. Distributor is a TD-40U. Wiring for the bigger plug is pink/blue?, white, yellow/green, blue/green & blue/yellow.

I will not make any wild guesses at this juncture. Does anyone have the same problem? Solve it? Pls enlighten me. :worthy:

It also helps if someone can provide me the wiring colour sequence of the si distributor.

Thnx for reading/helping.

Jeeze... I have to wait this long and have to reply to myself?

FYI the si dis has seven wires. Besides the usual five located on the TD40U, there are the white and orange wires for the crank angle sensor at B10 & B12. Extra work for my setup. Based on this, it is also possible to use the newer 92-95 VTEC dis. TD42U for the MPFI swap.

Guess it doesn't matter anymore, selling my car anyway. :shrug2:

this helped me out a bunch when i did my swap, hit me up if you need more info...
dx-to-sib.gif

Back