dropped my KDC3025 cd player

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
and got this. A Kenwood KDC MP328 cd player. Dual preamp outputs, front Aux input (it'll be nice on a long roadtrip playing songs right off my laptop), and an input for my 6 cd changer.

Saturday I went to go to Home Depot for a furnace filter so I get in the car, start it up and the radio just cuts out for no apparent reason. I got sick of it so I went out and bought this one and gave my old one to my brothers' brother in law.

It's a little nicer as it's one of the brand new models that just came out, and the best part is it isn't a flip down face (if I pressed buttons on the KDC3025, the face power would cut out, it got really annoying).

Since they were both Kenwoods, I had the old one out in 10 minutes, and this one installed in 10 minutes, they even gave me some screws so I could screw it right into the panel. Not too shabby. Fits like a glove, doesn't move anywhere either.

Stuff006.jpg

Stuff007.jpg

I'll have some pictures of it on when I get a chance. It's a blueish/purpleish screen with a blue ring around the volume knob. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the demo mode to turn off, the instructions don't help.

Have to enter the menu function then hit standby, then toggle until you get to the DEMO MODE readout, THEN hold the control button in for 2 secs.

its a pain in the ass and far more steps than it should be

Makes sense. It never worked while it was on, so I did put it on standby then tried it and it still didn't work. Next time I go out I'll try that.

I have a newer Kenwood similar to yours, but for some reason my model # lacks the front aux input. I was kind of pissed off that it didn't come with it (won it in a raffle), but the head unit is great. Jeef's old Kenwood worked great, but the contacts on the flip-up face were wearing out and I needed a new unit anyway.

Back