dvd player took a crap...help anyone?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my dilemma is that I have to use one of the credit cards and the only one available is the BB one since I havent used it in years and had a 0 balance.
18 free months same as cash and with 100 bucks or so a month I'll have it paid off in no time unless I get another good bonus and pay it off in 3 months or so.

plus now that my name is on it i can use it to build more credit.
the normal CC is for emergency's *cough SUbaru* and I've got enough on that to pay it off with my next paycheck.

Debit card is out of the question for now too.

sooooo I guess the borrowed time is what is most important right now.
I just ordered it and we shall see how it performs when it arrives.

I'll be posting up the setup and may need some of you guy's input on tuning since the instruction are in a foreign language to me :lol:

my mobile home should be quaking!

your receiver should have an automatic tuning setup...basically setup the speakers the way you want, then plug in the MIC that your receiver comes with and the directions should instruct you on where to place the MIC...it will calibrate the speaker distance and height and set the decibel level for each speaker for best sound...just make sure when you run the calibration that it is quiet

Honestly, and don't get me wrong, Klipsch obviously makes great speakers...but they are way over priced.

This. I have Klipsch RF3-II's for my mains, RC25 for the center, and some surrounds, but use a PSB 12" sub that cost probably half of what the comparable Klipsch sub would cost, and it just as good. Klipsch sub fall short on the output to price scale.

your receiver should have an automatic tuning setup...basically setup the speakers the way you want, then plug in the MIC that your receiver comes with and the directions should instruct you on where to place the MIC...it will calibrate the speaker distance and height and set the decibel level for each speaker for best sound...just make sure when you run the calibration that it is quiet

Ok I hooked everything up last night and holy crap that thing is a beast.
the speakers are much more clear and crisp that with the other unit ever was. the best part is that even with the TV unmuted the sound isn't "doubled" like it was with the samsun model I had.

I calibrated the unit and it sounded AWESOME for a few minutes and then it went back to weirdness.:mellow:
for example: in the intro to iron man2 (no blue ray) when he was flying for his expo the "AC/DC" song seemed to be playing in the background instead of front and center like it should have been. some of the explosions were'nt in your face like they were right after i calibrated.

I'll check again to make sure my surround speakers are hooked up to right spots and to make sure the unit is playing them right.

next step is to program the remote to tv,cable box and player and also get the speaker wires hidden better.

all in all I'm very happy with the return on invenstment and am even thinking of upgrading the tv in the next 6 months. my blue ray looks like regular tv compared to these new tv's.

BY THE WAY when using HDMI I don't need to plug in optical chords or any other reca chords for sound and video right? HDMI does it all.

BY THE WAY when using HDMI I don't need to plug in optical chords or any other reca chords for sound and video right? HDMI does it all.

Correct, HDMI passes both audio, and video. How many speakers do you have? What you could have been hearing is 7.1 sound over a 5.1 speaker set up, which would cause channels to be missing.

I've got a center, front sides and back surrounds and a sub.
6 total including sub.

I think you may be right as i had them hooked up wrong at first and may have the surrounds mixed up.

I've got a center, front sides and back surrounds and a sub.
6 total including sub.

I think you may be right as i had them hooked up wrong at first and may have the surrounds mixed up.

That is 5.1, just make sure that it is outputting for 5.1, most will either adjust it, or simulate 7.1.

Glad you are enjoying it :thumbsup:

I had a hard time calibrating mine....I think there was noise and I need to try it again.

Some Movies will play music in the rear speakers more....especially if they are close to you. But are you saying it was fine i the same exact scene....and then Sounded different after you rewound it?

You can turn the volume down on the rear speakers. I turn my center channel up too.

I'd recommend Covetteguy's before endlesszeal's subs, no offense endless, but I don't like Polk :). Low end is something that a lot of people misunderstand, and are happy with something that just goes boom, but there's a LOT more to it for true low end in movies. Check out this sub $300 sub thread ...List of budget subwoofers ($300 and less) - AVS Forum

Absolutely non taken, im far from giving solid advice about audio equipment. I just know I love my onkyo hts5300 that i got for 60% off =P.

I only suggested the polks because it seems like plenty of people like them for $100>. I actually got some polks 6.5 and 6x9 for my car and the infinities i got for my girl are way better at the same price point (forgot the model names)

anyway good to hear to you're enjoying your setup OP.

Ive been so busy with the wrx and other stuff i havent watched another movie to test it out and get it finalized.

once I clean my place I'll let you guys see the setup. :(

weill i programmed all the remotes and so far everything is ok.
I put in a DVD last night and it still seems to have the voices centered and sounding like they are in the background more than anything.

i did the auto cal and all the speakers tuned were in their desired spots. I tweeked it alittle and it sounded better but not the way i want it.

It sucks having so many cool features because all it takes is one setting to ruin the rest of the available options!

still working on it......

It is probably using a surround sounds Digital Sound Processing, like Music Hall, or something. Make sure that it is set to Direct, or whatever Sony calls it coming directly from the source.

Last edited:
auto calibrate blow donkey penis.
It made my front speakers play in the negative and thoughy my sub was 23 ft away. I manually adjusted the volumes and it sounds much better now.

only thing i dislike about the dvd player is that I thought it would hook up a keyboard and mouse so i won't use the remote. wrong. :(

Back