Dx Gague Cluster

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

liquid00meth

Hey all,

I don't mess around with gauges much, so I have a question. I want to put a tach in my car (95 DX doesn't have one), but I don't want some enormous eyesore. I'd like to just swap in an EX cluster or another that has a tach. Is this possible? or do I have to just find a smaller tach to buy and install it somewhere. For now I was thinking of just buying a real small ghetto one from VIP, if I couldn't find a cluster switchover. It's is kind of annoying *drips with sarcasm* not being able to tell the RPMs of the motor. It's not bad now with the DX motor, as I don't reall give a shit, but when the LS goes in, it might be more of a problem. Thanks all, cya.

you can just plug the EX cluster in no problem. I chose to take it apart a little and swap my speedometer gauge with the EX one as to mantain the actual mileage.

Originally posted by Baker@Mar 11 2003, 10:07 PM
you can just plug the EX cluster in no problem. I chose to take it apart a little and swap my speedometer gauge with the EX one as to mantain the actual mileage.

That's the way to do it... I did the same thing, except I didn't swap the speedometer section- my new cluster was only 1700 miles off from my original cluster, and it was higher- so it's not like I was misrepresenting the mileage of my car in a bad way. I'm not ever selling it to anyone who would care, so it doesn't really matter.

:D

yeah but new one had like 18,000 and my car had 64,000

what about using my odometer from my dx civic in an imported CTR cluster? Would the mileage be added incorrectly?

im going to go ahead and venture to say that kilometers are not equal to miles.

yeah thats right for every 2.5 km roughly equals 1 mile
if you change the whole cluster and u want it legal to sell the car then you can get a sticker from a dealer that stated that u changed the cluster at this date/milage with x-# of km or miles on the new one.

If I remember correctly if you take a gauge cluster out of an ex or an si you should be able to remove the tach and put that into your dash- with a gen-6 it goes right in smooth as silk :spin:

Originally posted by sirkurtius@Mar 13 2003, 02:37 PM
yeah thats right for every 2.5 km roughly equals 1 mile
if you change the whole cluster and u want it legal to sell the car then you can get a sticker from a dealer that stated that u changed the cluster at this date/milage with x-# of km or miles on the new one.

Uh... NO. Where did you go to school? I'll ask them to revoke your diploma.

1 mile = 1.6 kilometers

If you change out your clusters, legally you should file for a new title which shows the mileage difference and declares the odometer swap.

i have the same problem, but what i want to know is if they make a cluster panel with a tach in it that is for a manual tranny. all ive ever seen are the cluster panels with the tach in an automatic. do they exist or am i just dreaming.

Back