eBay intercoolers... Worth a try?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D See 2

So once again, I'm piecing together a turbo kit for my GSR. Hopefully, I'll actually go through with my plans this time... Anyway, I was browsing ebay for an intercooler and came across this one...

eBay Motors: FMIC INTERCOOLER 30x8x3.5 HONDA RSX INTEGRA PRELUDE (item 190092596466 end time Mar-23-07 23:02:29 PDT)

It seems to be an excellent deal. I've looked over their feedback and asked some of the people who bought an intercooler from them if they were satisfied and they all were.

I'm staying with stock JDM B18C GSR internals (10.6:1) and only shooting for 300-325 whp w/ Hondata s200b and RC 550's.

I've always been an advocate of using name-brand parts and such, but I'm also an advocate of saving money and getting the same performance from an off-brand product. This company specializes in intercoolers.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
You just have to go with the feedback. do whatever research you can. I'm sure some are complete ass, and some are top of the line intercoolers whos companies havent built up enough cred to sell them at rediculous prices.

decent product but horrible fitment had to fix hot pipe and welds
Reply by etdmotors: Thx pls contact us, this kit fits perfect, just look at the FB above, same kit
Fair arguement.. Guy didnt want to do any fabrication.. expected a bolt-on. "had to fix hotpipe and welds" and "decent product" dont belong together. This guy is up to something.

waste of money, makes car overheat , shoulda kept my $200
Reply by etdmotors: it works, sold many, it must be somewhere else. contact us before leave bad FB
Buyer is a moron.

I read several pages deep into the feedback. seems their only negatives are ones just like what is above. "header is trash, doesnt fit" posted by someone with negative 1 feedback.

Looks like an ok company. Although I'd blast the ends of the intercooler, that polished pipe wont hold a hose very well.

Last edited:
if your going with a 8in core i would go with one that has the inlet and outlet on the bottom of the intercooler for fitment problems.

The precision 350 hp intercooler is set up just like this one with center inlet/outlet and they fit excellent in hondas don't they?

i got a FMIC from Ebay "XSPOWER" and ive had it for 3 yrs and NEVER gave me any leaks or problems and i have booster 18psi+ IMO im happy with it.

i got a FMIC from Ebay "XSPOWER" and ive had it for 3 yrs and NEVER gave me any leaks or problems and i have booster 18psi+ IMO im happy with it.

^^^^:withstupid:
I had mine for a little over a year and boosted 12psi all day with no problems

Now i have a precision core:p

Greddy RSPL for the win.

RSPL > VSPL for those who dont know about Greddy.

ohhh and fyi
You dont want to buy an intercooler that only handles 10psi and run 20psi htru it. if not properly designed to handle high boost, cracking along seams and of the endtanks can occur.

;)

Last edited:
if your going with a 8in core i would go with one that has the inlet and outlet on the bottom of the intercooler for fitment problems.

word to this.

this pic is a 11" tall one with the bumper support cut.

DSC00455.JPG

how do you know the IC is only for 10 psi i ran 27+psi through my ebay FMIC and i put down 427hp on my talon and it lasted 3 yrs till i sold the car.

Back