ECU code doesn't exist

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

neo25ny

Hopefully i posted in the correct section....I have a '91 crx si with a dual cam zc swap. I am using the PM7 ecu. It is throwing code 11 and i can't find a code 11 anywhere. The only mention i've seen is that it is a nonexistent code. It is not a faulty ecu either i have tried a few different ecu's and i get the same 11 error code.
I have only found two somewhat related cases....one being someone having a rev limit issue at 3,000 rpm and another case i seen is someone said they shift into reverse and the engine light comes on and runs like crap. I am wondering if it is something to do with the transmission or wiring with the drivetrain.....i was thinking and i have trouble with mine sometimes my car will "chug" or "buck" at exactly 3,000 rpm's and i never could figure it out, i've replaced so many parts and checked and re-checked everything i can think of, and now that i see two other cases of drivetrain related issues i am thinking it may be a wiring issue or something? Anyone have any ideas what the code 11 is or how to fix the "chug" at 3,000 rpms?? Thanks in advance.

code 11

There is one long and one short flash, it is the only code thrown and it keeps repeating i have checked and rechecked many times to be sure i wasn't misreading it or something. I got so frustrated i parked the car until i could afford to do a build. This summer is the year i finally hope to get it done. I would really like to get it figured out before i start the build. I don't want any problems interfering when it comes time to tune ya know. thanks i appreciate the reply.

well man wish i could help but i dont know of a code 11 either, but if i think of anything i will post up

no i'm pretty positive it is 11.
OBD0 D-series ECUs don't have long and short flashes - only short - sounds to me like code 1 for O2 sensor - European ECUs, like PM7, have a code 11 which is for the IMA sensor on cars not equipped with a cat and O2 sensor - they will flash 11 times - these are the codes for the UK cars:

UKcodes.jpg

this is UK PM7 with IMA sensor:

IMA.jpg

Last edited:
Have you tried running the engine with a pm6 or a pg7? both will work for testing and are usdm ecu's so the diagnostics will hopefully give a valid code.

What is that black plug or wire whip on the UK PM7, the IMA sensor? Mine doesn't have that.
I have tried a PM6, the PM7 and also a PR4. So what exactly does this mean then, cause i am getting a definate 11 with a long flash then a short flash and i don't have that plug on the side of mine. Thanks for finding that jlicrx i been searching for a very long time and couldn't find anything on it or anyone that heard of code 11.

What is that black plug or wire whip on the UK PM7, the IMA sensor? Mine doesn't have that.
I have tried a PM6, the PM7 and also a PR4. So what exactly does this mean then, cause i am getting a definate 11 with a long flash then a short flash and i don't have that plug on the side of mine. Thanks for finding that jlicrx i been searching for a very long time and couldn't find anything on it or anyone that heard of code 11.
once again - OBD0 D-series ECUs don't have long and short flashes - only short flashes - the number you count between pauses is the number of the code

once again - OBD0 D-series ECUs don't have long and short flashes - only short flashes - the number you count between pauses is the number of the code

All the OBD0 D-series that I have owned have all had long and short flashes.

All the OBD0 D-series that I have owned have all had long and short flashes.
if you have a car with a D-series OBD0 ECU (PM5, PM6, PM7, PM8, PG7, etc.), unplug the EACV and check the ECU - tell me how many times it flashes - you will find that it flashes 14 times

Last edited:
Back