EG Gas Tank Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SnailTrail

I have a lil VX 92. I want more cruising range, hence bigger gas tank. As far as i know, my stock tank is only10.0 gallons US. I heard some Dx or Si EG's have a 11.9 tank,which is cool. Would a DC Integra gas tank fit under my 92 vx?? :(

Haha, I hear you, everytime I drive on the Autobahn to Kiaserslaurten, I have to refill when I get there :(

The Si's should fit fine, or the EX. not sure if they are the same or ones bigger or what, but they hold more than the VX's. Not sure about the tegs, but maybe.

try it tell us how it goes :thumbsup:...i've wanted to do that to my Hf rex cause the most i've even been able to put in that thing is a little over 9

5 gallon fuel cell owns.............

never heard of anyone swaping over the DC fuel tank......

:huh: I'm gonna ask around a little more and try the DC tank first if possible. It should hold 13.2 gallons. If that doesn't work then i will go back to the junkyard for a Si/Ex tank= 11.9gallons. I hate stopping for gas on the way to Las Vegas from San Diego about 385 miles. :blink:

Originally posted by SnailTrail@Mar 16 2004, 01:19 AM
work then i will go back to the junkyard for a Si/Ex tank=

just had a thought...i've noticed that cars in the junk yards (or at least the one i usually go to) don't have the gas tanks in em, maybe its some regulation or something? anyone know, im just hoping they don't have to dispose of em or something wack like that...

I know they can't leave them full, I dunno if they completely dispose of them, but a tank full or gas isn't a good idea in a junkyard.

Back