Eibach's tech support teh suxxors.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
I figured fuck it, I'll contact Eibach and figure out what else I need to put these on. I called, and spoke with a guy on the phone who didn't make much sense, but told me that the kit I need has the same part number as the kit I have (4017.321), except with a 'g' at the end. So the part number of the kit for a car WITHOUT factory front and rear sways is 4017.321G. He said he'd email me the installation instructions for that kit. This was at 3:00. At 5:30, I called back and asked about the email (because I had yet to receive one). He said they were converting it to a format that they could email me. I said ok, cool. 2:00 PM the next day (yesterday), I still hadn't received an email. I called Eibach AGAIN and spoke with a different guy, who said he'd email them right away. I got an email, but he emailed me the same instructions I already have (for a car that came with factory bars).

I emailed him back the following:
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 2:10 PM
To: Adrian Walker
Subject: Re: Instructions

Whats up man...

Would it be possible for you to email me the instructions for the kit for civics WITHOUT the factory sways? I believe the guy I spoke with yesterday said it's the same part number, only with a 'G' at the end...

for 92-95 civics

Thanks for your time, and sorry about the trouble

William Kitchens
william@hondaswap.net

Received this email back from him:
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 07:42:49 -0700
To: <william@hondaswap.net>
Subject: RE: Instructions

That kit only works with vehicles without the factory front bar.

:huh:

So I responded...
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 2:34 PM
To: Adrian Walker

Right...my car DOESN'T have the front bar...

What happened, was I bought the kit from a guy off a web forum. He told me this kit was the kit for a civic without a factory front bar (it's a 92 CX). I received the kit, and what I got was the kit for a car with factory front and rear sways, along with a few extra pieces. I'm trying to figure out what else I need to be able to install this kit on my car. Attached is a picture of everything I have. If you could tell me what other parts I need to purchase from you guys, along with sending me the instructions to install them on a car that did not come with the factory antisways, it'd be awesome.

Thanks

William Kitchens
william@hondaswap.net

I have yet to get rude. Normally, I'd be spastic at this point. I mean, c'mon, I obviously know that the instructions I'm asking for are for the vehicle without a factory front bar. Today, I got this email back from him:

Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 14:44:54 -0700

This is the only one we make for that year is the 4017.321 the (g) is not part of the part # but is to look at the (g) not at the bottom of the page. If it doesn't work I'm not sure you got the right part. You are more than welcome to call and talk with a tech.

:blink:

At this point, I'm about ready to explode. I'm trying to figure out what stuff that I need to make this work, and I seem to be getting nowhere. However, I remained calm in the email that I replied with.

Um...I called, and got some kinda message that I really didnt understand what was going on..I dunno if it was voicemail or what.

At any rate, you're telling me that there is not a kit for a 1992-1995 civic WITHOUT factory front and rear anti-roll bars? I found this kit on Overboost.com, which I believe to be the kit I need: http://www.overboost.com/obs/product.asp?pid=4968 It shows part number 4017.32, and is for a 92-95 Honda Civic 2-door & 4-door (Without factory front bar)

The kit I have is for a civic that came with factory front and rear anti-roll bars. I HIGHLY doubt that there is any difference in the kits, OTHER than that the kit for civics WITHOUT factory bars INCLUDES the brackets to mount the bars.

I'm trying to get a copy of the installation instructions for the kit that is for a 1992-1995 Honda Civic WITHOUT factory front and rear anti-roll bars. That's all I want. I would like to be able to see which parts that I need that I do not have so that I can order said parts.

Thank you.

William Kitchens
william@hondaswap.net

<_<

Discuss.

Just got this email reply...

Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 16:03:22 -0700

No, what I'm saying is we only have a kit for the onew w/o front but they must have rear. The kit number is correct.

Great.

sent this back
Ok, sorry about the misunderstanding.

So you guys don't even MAKE a kit for cars without a factory rear sway? That's great...

OK, so I've got a kit for a car that came with factory front and rear anti-roll bars. What all is included in the kit for a car WITHOUT a factory front bar, that isn't included in the kit for a car that DOES have a factory front bar?

William Kitchens
william@hondaswap.net

and got this reply just now
Date: Fri 04/08/05 05:21 PM

I would suggest just call in on Monday and speak with the Tech, because now I'm confused.

fuck!

I agree with Blanco. Nice job on not freaking out on the guy. After reading the e-mails and what not Im confused too haha. I really hope it works out for you. Good Luck

that sucks ass will

doesn't he post here a lot too?

from the cocksucker thread...
Wil, I'm gonna be away from a computer for a while, so call me and let me know how they work for ya. I PMed you my cell #.

did you get his cell number?

s404c0dcf46cf0.jpg

you try aim?
ISpecR

breath nice deep breaths...

deep breathing allows more oxygen into the blood resulting in a mild euphoric state greatly increasing relaxation, and if you breath deep and spin around really fast you get dizzy too.... w00t...

don't got a 92-95 or i'd help you out...
someone has gotta pick em up...

you read in his original for sale thread that he got em from his dad's friend cause the guy ordered a set for a mazda from mazdaspeed but got sent those...

i would like to think he just didn't know or realize it wouldn't work for you...
i would hope someone on hondaswap wouldn't shaft someone like that, not even a reach around... daymn...

to mount a front sway bar on an EG without, you NEED EX/Si front LCAs. all the other bolt holes are there.

EDIT: looking at your ebay auction, thats definately all you need to mount the front one.

I love that picture.

Anyfuck, for the record:

I DIDN'T TRY TO SCREW YOU.

So stop being your usual jump to conclusions and flip out self. Like I posted before, I don't have regular access to the internet right now, I post when I can and this is my first time at the computer in a while. I PMed you my cell number twice now. Get in touch, foo. Besides, you're selling the sways on ebay for $20 more than what you bought them from me. You aren't losing a damn thing.

Now, I got the kit from a friend, he said they were for a Civic w/o sways from the factory, I didn't double check the part numbers, and then I lost interest in my Civic and eventually sold it. My bad for not double-checking. Sorry. It's my mistake, but if you sell them for $350, good for you, you've made $20.

I've made the effort to be cordial and rectify the problem, Wil. Frankly, if you end up making twenty bucks on the whole thing, what's the big fucking deal? I posted that I wouldn't be around for a while and PMed you at least twice and asked about how the bars were working out and gave you my cell number. In fact, I was nice enough to paypal your twenty dollars you overpaid me back to you in the initial transaction. So don't get indignant and start defaming me on the forums, because I gaurantee I've been more than acommodating through this. I'm not trying to freak out on you, just don't make me look bad. That's my job. :)

I believe all you need is EX/Si LCA's I believe and you should be gravy.

I'm pretty sure the only difference between the stock vs. non stock instructions is that:

a.) You use different bolts for the two main mounts.
b.) You have to drill out the 2 main mount holes to a different diameter.

yes wil im sure if you would have searched you would have realized since you dont have an ex/si that you need front lca's.

damn. i havent had an EG in almost 2 years, and i still know the car inside and out. :D

Back