Ek b16a swap advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Collectedcalm

hey all, im kinda new on here. Ive read alot but no posts yet. I know what im about to ask has been covered alot but I have only a few hours before I go to pick up my engine & i wanted to get as much advice as possible.

Im going to get a b16a with a tuned p28 ecu for it out of a wrecked del sol. It came from tiger jap with 62-67k on it & the guy only had it in the car for 6 weeks. It was tuned by slow motion in ohio. It also has a jdm aftermarket vtec selniod, unknown cams, no power stearing & a 93 integra trans comes with it. Ill need a new clutch & flywheel but everything else seems to be on the motor.

I know i need an ecu jumper & the t bracket to get the swap installed. I think theres some extra wiring that will be needed & I was told to get gsr axels. I was also informed I wouldnt need new mounts but I plan on geting the hasport ones anyway. I plan on swaping quick instead of part building as I have 3 broke mounts & need my car runing. Also I figured if I took the motor apart & changed to much it may alter the tune on it.
My questions are, is there anything I should think of that maybe I havent yet, parts I would be missing/needed but havent listed. any quick advice would be greatly appreciated!

that engine is coming with a cable actuated clutch
your car has a hydraulic actuated clutch

all in all id pass on that engine unless it is a STELLAR deal

the b16a & ecu is 800, hes throwing in the trans for 250 so in total 1050 for it all. Ive priced other b16s & trans & id almost be paying double to triple plus shipping.

I thought it wouldnt be a big swap for the trans but I would rather have a hydro lsd if I could find one at a good price. As of now it looks like Im going to have to pass. I may end up just taking the engine & not rushing

Awsome thanks Solsi, im always looking for new sites & trust worthy ones. I recently talked to 2 people who ordered from tiger japan & never got anything & was informed that nothing could be done about it. Thats another reason I went for this engine

www.facebook.com

Well I didn't get the 93 teg trans...but Im looking online on ebay & a few othe rplaces for a GSR or LS trans...I did have a couple questions im confused on. I currently have a hydro trans in my car as is, but if I got a hydro trans would I still need shift linkage & the custom line ran. Maybe that's just how the guy I bought the motor from did his or something. My understanding is that if a swap the motor & then a hydro trans I wont need certain extra parts & it will all bolt up except for 1 bracket in the back. If Im wrong please correct me or guide me to the threads that may help me. Swaps, wiring & a lot makes sence but the trans parts always get me for some reason. I want a quick geared trans but don't want to do 4k cruiseing on the interstate.
Also, when I bought the motor, I paid extra for the p28 ecu because it was tuned to the engine & the motor has, a [COLOR=#990000 !important][COLOR=#990000 !important]JDM[/COLOR][/COLOR] vtec seleniod & he said I think scott cams or some type of after market cams. I wanted to put a intake manifold & [COLOR=#990000 !important][COLOR=#990000 !important]throttle [COLOR=#990000 !important]body[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] on it but didn't want to throw the tune off to far. Any suggestions on what to do? I thought about just quickly swaping, checking the tune & dyno. Then add all the parts Ive collected. I know its better to build it outside of the car but I figured test it & go from there. Feel free to put yourself in my shoes or if you have been & share any advice.
Tomarrow Im going to get a new valve cover [COLOR=#990000 !important][COLOR=#990000 !important]gasket[/COLOR][/COLOR] & paint the VC & check to see if I can find anything out about the cams, hopefully so.
Again sorry if a lot is noob or"unresearched" but I do a lot of research & don't see to find much that matches up to what questions im asking.
Lastly im trying to figure why I cant unload my pics of the engine & other stuff, if I cant figure it Ill send a link to my facebook & you can view it there. Thanks a ton guys!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200742102048506&l=0d8685f3e1
heres where you can see a pic, Im not sure why I cant upload them

Back