engine and tranny codes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

XZILER8

Hi there,

I checked the reference section for the following information, but didn't see it listed. If you can help, I'd really appreciate it!

I need ENGINE codes for the following cars:

- Acura 3.2TL
- Acura 3.5RL

I need TRANNY codes for the following vehicles:

- Acura 3.2TL
- Acura 3.5RL
- Acura NSX (all models)
- Honda CRV

Thanks you very much!

I'm converting my 2nd gen CRX to Mid Engine RWD and would like to figure out which engines are compatible with which transmissions.

I thought about doin a c32b but then started considering using the engine from a 3.2TL or 3.5RL. The problem with this is I really don't want an automatic transmission. So then I started thinking about whether or not it's possible to match one of those engines to a CRV tranny...

I know this isn't typical, but that's the whole idea...I want to be different. I was fortunate enough to come into a decent chunk of change recently and wanna do somethin crazy with it. The only reason I don't want to do a C32B is because I know of a guy who has done that and like I said I wanna be different.

That's a brief description of what i'm doing...

If you can provide those codes I'd appreciate it.

holy christ

well, crv trannys dont bolt on to any of the motors you listed. that, and they are 4wd and have a gay differential

i think thats all i have to say about this. I mean shit, if you want to blow 40 grand on this- more power to you. but i dont see it ever running for anything less.
is it worth it to you, just to be different?
thats your decision, not mine.
but i think its a stupid idea.

a shop already did an NSX engine in the back of a CRX... it took about 8 engines and 3+ years and who the fuck knows how much $$$$ to get it right all said and done it ran a 11.605 @ 120.97.... not even close to worth it IMO....

http://www.mahdavimotorsports.com/images/crx/index.htm

ive said it before and ill say it again "I've never seen anyone fuck a chicken, but i wouldnt do it just to be original"

I've seen the CR-NSX from Mahdavi Motorsports....Like I said up above, that's why I was trying to do something other than a NSX engine and tranny....

I respect your guys' oppinions.....Alot, but it's my philosophy that money was put on this earth to be spent.

Still waiting on those engine and tranny codes.

On a totally unrelated note, since you guys feel that I'm wasting my time, what would you guys reccomend I do
with the CRX.

Please keep in mind that I DO NOT want the same old GSR swap that's been done a million times I had also considered a S2000 engine or possibly an RSX-S So I could get the inteligent V-TEC.

Anyways, I guess it would be foolish of me to be totally closed minded at this point.

I'll be anxious to hear your ideas.

Thanks

I don't think it is a question of originality more like practicality.For a substanial sum of money less you can achieve much more impressive results.Besides the idea of cramming a ridiculious engine into a car isn't original at all,it has been done many,many times.If you've got money to pour into a project then try to make a engine that fits the car do what it has never done before.

That has already been done before, a company called Speed Garage made an Intgera RWD, they got the C32A Legend motor, they got the front suspension from an old Nova, a chevy 10 bolt differential, and a 350 turbo-hydromatic chevy transmission with an adaptor plate. So it can be done, but a lot of cutting, welding and fabricating.

Originally posted by XZILER8@Dec 30 2002, 08:44 AM
... I had also considered a S2000 engine or possibly an RSX-S So I could get the inteligent V-TEC.

You have tons of money, and you want to be orginal, correct? Have you ever thought of ditching the whole crx (good light car but is old and as you would say "been done") and looking at a honda Insight? That car is extremly light, the frame is, I think, pure Aluminum and the car does not look all that bad (when a little bit of work is done like take off the ghey wheel covers.) Take out the electric motor and the gas engine, and throw in a bseries or k-series (dont know what would make more sence on those cars) You can find a used one for about 10k if not less. The aerodynamics of that car is unbeliveable and you would also probally be the first to do it. Will it alot? Yes
Will it be "diffrent"? Yes
Will you go fast? In a car that weighs under 1800 pounds after swap, hell yes

*Edit, here is a photoshop pic from an old thread

insight.jpg

That's actually a really good idea!

There are two issues that come to mind:

1) I already have the crx and have stripped
the interior, engine and all other crap that
I won't be keeping. Now granted, if I
Scrapped the whole car and started over
with an insight, i'd only be out about a
grand, which isn't a big deal, but like you
said, A used insight's gonna cost around
$10k. I give you props on the idea, it's a
good one, but considering I already have a
base car to work with, I'd just assume not
throw an additional $10k down the toilet.
I am planning on putting a lot of money
into this project, but I think it would be
foolish to spend $10k on an insight when I
can take that same $10k and apply it
towards toys for the CRX. Don't take me
the wrong way, maybe I'll do an insight
build after the crx is done.

2) I want a sleeper. Ya I know the Insight
would be the ultimate sleeper, but what I
want is a car that looks old, looks cheap,
and dominates everything on the street
and track. I have a feeling that if I pull up
on someone and I'm driving an insight, the
car is still gonna look new and clean and
aerodynamic, which isn't what I'm looking
for right now.

Just a little background on myself. I've already completed a mild build up on my 4th gen lude. I love this car, but I built it to be more of a show car than an all out racer. Granted, My lude runs a low 14 in the quarter, but I have enough money in the body that I'm unwilling to drive it as hard as I want to. If I wrecked it, i'd be extremely heartbroken. My goal is to make the CRX look as close to stock as possible. Now I do consider my lude to be decently quick, It's not fast enough for my liking. I could make it faster, but Like I said, It looks quick and It's not as fun to screw with people in the lude as it would be if I had a Hard core sleeper.

Anyways, sorry for the long post, I got a little carried away. More to come...

Back