Engine builders in MA/RI/CT please help me!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xxxmikenicexxx

Ok heres the deal, I recently did a built 95 GSR swap into my 93 DA. I come to find that its drinking, I mean just drinking oil, blowing clouds on acceleration and hard vtec driving. Its tons of oil, so it basically points to oil control rings since the compression/leakdown came out decent, and I dont believe anything in the head could even cause this much consumption. This is only in cylinders #1 and #2. What Im looking for is someone with the tools and extreme knowledge to help me replace the rings in these cylinders. I want to do it with engine in car to save time (hopefully person has the drill attachment for honing, will be just fine because motor has only 600 miles on it) and since its only two cylinders. I am located in Middletown, Rhode Island. I am of course willing to pay. Please let me know if anyone can help, when, and what price they are looking for their time and knowledge. I hope someone can help me because this is a terrible predicament for me and has brought my 2 year project to a standstill. Please contact me at xxxmikenicexxx@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Can anyone please help me with this, Im so desperate just to have my car running right and get my turbo on :(

Its been a terrible string of events and this project is taking way too long and Im running out of money, hence the reason i cant afford to tear the block down and have to do this in the car. It may even be an easy fix in the head, doubtful because of the massive oil being eaten, but still a chance.

Ill provide food, money, and massive gratitude to anyone with the experience, knowledge, and tools to help me fix my baby :thumbup:

Did you install new rings and have the block honed when you built it? Look into the valve seals too. I have the tools, and I'm in the process of rebuilding my ls, and I'd help, but I'm nowhere near where you live.

Thanks anyways!

Yeah I didnt build it but it was bored, honed, new rings (arias pistons, its a built block), and they replaced guides and seals.

Originally posted by xxxmikenicexxx@Jul 26 2005, 09:41 AM
Thanks anyways!

Yeah I didnt build it but it was bored, honed, new rings (arias pistons, its a built block), and they replaced guides and seals.
[post=531371]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, I wouldn't get my engine taken to that shop again.

Back