Engine swap: d15b7 to d16y7; transmission?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

oakley2002@cox.net

Hi everyone,

I originally did a mini-me swap on my del sol, but the piston rings snapped. Now I'm dropping in a new engine. I found a low milage d16y7 for sale at a great price locally. I've read that using the d15b7 intake manifold, tb, injectors, etc will allow the swap to be completed without any custom wiring or anything... just an easy direct swap. First, is that true?

Second, and most importantly, I need to know if I can use my current transmission. They seem to have different codes in the reference area of this site, but it seems like my old transmission should bolt up seeing everything else does. (The different codes worried me at first, but then I realized the numerous different engine codes that can fit into a civic haha) The seller is including an automatic transmission, I need to keep my manual trans

Thanks A LOT!!!

i have done that motor into a 92 cx the tranny works so will the wireing if u use the original intake manifold

i have a 1994 honda civic cx hatch with a d15 engine and what to know what all i will need to do a swap to a d16y7 engine please im with out a vehicle and need to get this swap done asap

Thanks
CivicPitbull

Really? Does this thread need to be resurrected every three years? Please start a new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back