Engines + Gomez - AGAIN!

• Thread starter Thread starter gomezkun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 956

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gomezkun

Yay for DOHC VTEC ^_^
Alright, I know I mentioned this before earlier about my car. First off, the specs -

91 Honda Civic DX - 4Dr Sedan
12 valve - 1.5 Liter Engine (D15)
(All stock)

That was easy enough ^^

Well, the original game plan was to drop a B16A engine into it. After some research and notes, I found that this engine was pretty much only made for Manual tranny's (I got automatic).

The thought of converting auto came to mind and such, but then some friends from schools started suggesting a few things.

Friend 1 -

The suggestion of finding a D16 engine (the 1.6 liter one from a 93 civic si - step up from mine), and upgrading from there. Adding a vtec head, replace the cam, etc. = End result? Up to like a b16 engine (screw around with nitros and the like, could potentially be faster).

Friend 2 -

Didnt quite catch the engine type, but he said somehting about a F20 or something like that?

I am pretty much trying to find something that's speedy and fairly not too difficult (by this I mean no welding or hacking part of the body), to put it in. Any ideas could be of great help. For now, I will read more into the whole 'converting auto to manual' dealy.

Gurus - I need ur help :worthy:

-GomezKun :ph34r:

try a 92 civic cx hatch. CX for the wieght, 92 just being a good year for swaps. If you like torqless engines you'll have fun with the b16, If you want a somewhat torquey but less powerful, b18b1, Or just go with a gsr. Anyone of these swap can go into your 4 door with little modification, when i say that i mean some mounts and a 91 auto ls tranny (just becasue of the price and availability). As for a auto to 5 speed conversion, I really dont know much about that. But Id really suggest a new car with a 5 speed.

i had an 89 4 door and it was automatic as well. i dropped in my b16 along with changing it over to manual. since you have a pre-92 car, your tranny is cable and makes it much easier. all you need is the pedal assembly out of any 88-91 civic, hatch, or crx. 90-93 integra pedal might work but i'm not sure. you will also need the clutch cable out of any of the above cars mentioned. that's pretty much it. all the other things you need should come with your full swap besides a mount kit. it cost me 25$ for the pedals and 10$ for the cable. only 35$. also depends on your hook ups as well

not to sound like a dick or any thing but i would say go with a dohc zc motor because they bolt on and there cheap and have like 130hp for like $500 that car is not worth putting in any thing else

Back