ERATIC IDLE SURGE

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

H23JDMLUVR

I PURCHASED A USED CAR RECENTLY THAT RAN FINE FOR AT LEAST 5 DAYS BEFORE THE RPM GUAGE STARTED SURGING ALONG WITH THE MOTOR... FROM 1,000 RPM - 1,800 RPM.... I SPENT ABOUT 40HRS TOTAL ON INSPECTING THIS CAR... I KNOW PRELUDES VERY WELL FOR I HAD A 95 BEFORE THIS 92.... HOWEVER I HAVE NEVER INCOURTERED THIS KIND OF SPORATIC IDLE SURGING... MY CAR STILL GETS GREAT GAS MILAGE 430 MILES TO A TANK! ALL VACUUM LINES ARE FINE AND HAVE BEEN PROPANE TESTED ALL SENSORS HAVE BEEN CLEANED AND CHECKED AND THE ECU HAS BEEN RESET MULTIPLE TIMES.... ALSO I HAVE ADJUSTED THE AIR TO IDLE SCREW AND TURNED THE IDLE DOWN SO THE CAR DOESN'T DRIVE ME INSAIN.... ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT... THANKS

i f i was you i would try plugging different lines.
its prolly the idle controll valve,i dotn now much about preludes though.
this was the case on my b16a.sounds like you know a lot more about this than i do.

unplug the fast idle valve and see if the surging stops.... if it does unscrew the cap and screw the white piece inside all the way down.

You ever fix that surging problem ? My b16 swap does the same thing.

my y8 was doing that and i took the iac off and cleaned it....it had a spot of rust on it now .....no more surging.

im kinda facing the same problem i have a 95 civic with a b16a in it and its surges like a champ from 1000 - 2500 even when its warmed up. i changed the idle valve control plus took out the air, reset my ecu like a million times tried my stock ecu but nothing seems to work and i swear im going insane somebody plllllllllllzzzz help

I had a 94DX with the same motor, did the same freaking thing that yours is doing sleepy101, drove me nut's. I never did find out what the problem was, but she ran like a champ! Does it happen all the time or does it vary?

holy cheesedicks batman! ... threadjacking dead ass threads ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back