Estimated price of a jun engine?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kolumbo69

Im just wondering is all if anyone knows the price of a fully built jun engine, oh yah how about the beast engine by mr gasket ?
thanx

i went to inline four they only have the stroker kit but it gives me a pretty good idea 3600 dollars just for it.

Well i got an email back from jun and its more exspensive then we all thought
Prices of B16A short complete engine
STAGE1 JPY840,000yen.
STAGE2 JPY940,000yen.
STAGE3 JPY1,050,000yen.
STAGE4 JPY1,160,000yen.
Prices of B16B short complete engine
STAGE1 JPY1,080,000yen.
STAGE2 JPY1,180,000yen.
STAGE3 JPY1,360,000yen.
STAGE4 JPY1,580,000yen.so like 14,788.47
(a price do not include shipping cost) exchange rate is 106.84 per us dollar :blink: :blink: :blink:

Originally posted by Kolumbo69@Jan 21 2004, 04:52 AM
Im just wondering is all if anyone knows the price of a fully built jun engine, oh yah how about the beast engine by mr gasket ?
thanx

your dignity....

I Highly doubt its over rated way better setup then spoon has ever put out hey if i had the kinda money i would buy its a professional bullet proof engine from a company that is better than spoon and mugen now those are 2 companys that are overated when it come to engine stuff. Each to there own i guess

for 10 grand, and 220 hp... at the FLYWHEEL... you might as well just get an ITR swap and a set of spec b cams, and make the same damn power.

over priced.

over rated.

stop getting ideas from fucking movies.

:werd:, If your stupid enough to play into that bullshit, you deserve what you gonna loose.
When I first started my project I had 10 grand after the car, couldn't decide what to do, but i can say I stayed far far away from those OVERRATED/PRICED parts. My LS would have been faster for alot cheaper. Your driving a fuckin honda, it's not meant to have an engine in it that was the same price of the damn car. Theres plenty of other cars that have 220 frickin Hp right from the start, that you can get for under 15k.

I'm just sayin if you keep buying, mugen, spoon, jun etc. your going to regret it, and wish you had built your car with "cheaper" quality parts (I'm not sayin ebay shit here)

Well as any good racer will tell you, you get what you pay for. So i guess when it comes down to it theres good and bads to it but theres one thing forsure i havent seen any movies with mugen spoon or jun power in them but thats just me. I dont remember either saying that i was buying into there bullshit by buying there engines i was just looking into it, but its just like everything else in the world if there engine where cheaper everyone would have one.

But in this case, I don't feel Id be gettin what I paid for. Their shit is actually underpowered for the money your going spend. With 12 grand I can build a reliable motor that makes a whole bunch more hp/tq than that.

480hp, 284tq at the wheels, at only 17psi.

$12,000

That's what I'm talking about...right there

Originally posted by Kolumbo69@Jan 23 2004, 04:11 PM
Well as any good racer will tell you, you get what you pay for. So i guess when it comes down to it theres good and bads to it but theres one thing forsure i havent seen any movies with mugen spoon or jun power in them but thats just me. I dont remember either saying that i was buying into there bullshit by buying there engines i was just looking into it, but its just like everything else in the world if there engine where cheaper everyone would have one.

with parts, yes.

with crate motors? no. if crate is the only way for you- get an 86mm dart block. its $1800.
add pitsons, rods, crank, 3000.
add a vec head, 500.
add cams valve train - 2000.
and for 5500, you will spank the shit out of a jun block.

high price doesn't mean superior quality, what if OBX was selling their ceramic junko header which will bust under any stree for 1k, Mugen, Spoon, and Jun have a name for themselves, your paying some for that.

Do some bang for the buck equations, figure out how much a certain part is goign to cost you per dollar, and go from their, mod accordingly

Back