Exhaust ??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

usmc527

Hey guys, I just bought a 2003 honda civic ex, and the first thing i wanna do to it is get a catback exhaust. Should i just get the exhaust online and get the piping done customely? Or should i buy the whole catback system?? Any1 recommend products?? APPreciate it.

-Paul :blink:

not sure who makes shit for your car .... but check out
apexi
greddy
tanabe
thermal R&D
RS*R

those are a few good companies with quality products
other than that if you have a good exhaust shop near you that can mandrel bend stainless steel ... then its worth buying a quality muffler and getting a custom setup done

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Jul 23 2003, 11:18 AM
thermal hands down yO

I was thinking about getting this deal in the magazines:

AEM CAI, DC 4-2-1 header, Thermal R&D exhaust all for like $550.

What do you guys think?

Also, how does the thermal exhaust sound? Is it deep or high pitch? And is it insanely load or quiet?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by dveit+Jul 23 2003, 05:11 PM-->
pills_PMD
@Jul 23 2003, 11:18 AM
thermal hands down yO

What do you guys think?

Also, how does the thermal exhaust sound? Is it deep or high pitch? And is it insanely load or quiet?

Thanks in advance.

thats a good deal! retail on that would be like $700!
CAI: $200
DC header: $300
thermal (muffler only): $200

definatly a good deal

Originally posted by dveit+Jul 23 2003, 05:11 PM-->
pills_PMD
@Jul 23 2003, 11:18 AM
thermal hands down yO

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance.

Thermal exhausts are the best sounding exhausts I have ever heard. I had one on my Civic and had nothing but compliments. They have a deep throaty sound. It sounds so good. It is more quiet than anything.

Also, a good thing about Thermal exhausts is that the whole cat-back exhaust will not rust, unlike GReddy and other types.

Thermal is the definate choice. You won't be disapointed.

Originally posted by blink1_8_2dude@Jul 23 2003, 12:06 PM
tanabe or gredyy fo sure :roll:

There is a guy I know who has a Tanabe exhaust on a CRX and it sucks major ass. It is the loudest, worst sounding exhasut I have ever heard. It hurt my ears from a mile away. I doubt it does anything for performance as well.

you are talking about the Tanabe RM... it is a no compromise performance exhaust.... it is one of the lightest cat backs out there and it also produces some of the highest HP #s....it is a VERY high quality product... but it is VERY loud

the Tanabe HM is still very light weight, excelent quality, much quieter, produces almost as much power.... its much more streetable and quieter than almost every other exhaust ive heard on a honda

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 24 2003, 01:17 PM
you are talking about the Tanabe RM... it is a no compromise performance exhaust.... it is one of the lightest cat backs out there and it also produces some of the highest HP #s....it is a VERY high quality product... but it is VERY loud

That is probably what it is. I just can't get past how loud it is.

I ran the fireball and that fucker was raspy loud, I had to get rid of it. But exhausts usually run with the louder they are the less restrictive they are thus improving output.

Milan

I've had 3 equipment warnings with my Fireball exhaust.. just don't drink and drive, and most cops will be kewl.

Originally posted by 2fastCRX+Jul 24 2003, 03:12 PM-->
@Jul 24 2003, 01:17 PM

RM = what?

Under tanabe i found two exhaust:

super medalion hyper spec

super medalion racing spec

im guessing its the racing spec??

Originally posted by dveit+Aug 24 2003, 01:27 AM-->
Originally posted by 2fastCRX@Jul 24 2003, 03:12 PM
E_SolSi
@Jul 24 2003, 01:17 PM

RM = what?

Under tanabe i found two exhaust:

super medalion hyper spec

super medalion racing spec

im guessing its the racing spec??

RM=Racing Medallion

HM=Hyper Medallion

Yeah I say go with an HM.

I have a magnaflow, and that shit is louder then hell and sounds like a mother effing race car.

Back