Exhaust ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nimblecivic

tried a few places and noone knows if this will work or not so maybe you guys can help...

I've got a 5th gen coupe with a b16 swap and I'm in the process of putting exhaust on it. I know because of the exhaust manifold I've gotta put a teg cat on it, but can I put a full 94+ teg system on it? I've got my eye on a greddy evo system but I don't know how it will hang on an eg as opposed to the teg it was on...heard it will hang lower which will null the deal because I don't wanna scrape...any ideas?

it doesnt fit without some cutting and welding ... and even then it tends to hit on the LCA making a VERY annoying rattle sound that resonates through the whole F'n car :thumbsdown:

:werd: .....that's what I wanted to know....the price is right, but the grief that goes with it wouldn't be......appreciate the help....

just get an exhaust made for your car, and a custom B-pipe to fit.

i have the same car and motor, before you go ripping the exaust and cat off to replace it. I have a stock EX cat, and a greddy evo system that bolted right up, no cutting or welding. My buddies told me that I was lucky, try before you replace the cat. Exhaust is a must on that though.

Darin

I don't think you want to get rid of your cat...
I have the same setup and tried to get a cat that would fit my car and I found a guy who gave me a teg cat... I think it was off a GSR and it was too long for the exhaust that I had bought which was for an EG and made by Bosal, and bosal makes OE replacement exhausts for Honda so I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing

Get an exhaust and see if your cat fits... then if it doesn't do something to fix the problem... in my case that involved having the flanges cut off the cat and welded to a piece of pipe that was the right length :ph34r:

I don't know why a teg exhaust would hang lower.... would the guy be cool with letting you test fit it before you bought it? or is the guy not local to you?

good luck

nah, he's not local...but I have a another ?....how could a stock EX cat be used on a jdm b series? that's what I've got and using the oem jdm exhaust manifold the flanges on it and the flanges on the stock ex cat are completely opposite. was something cut and welded to make it work? I've got a decent enough exhaust system to get me by except where the manifold meets the cat. I'd like to replace it if it was cheap enough, which this evo system is, but the cat connecting to the exhaust mani is my only hangup.....I'd love to just go buy a header, but xmas is coming and my $$$$ is way low.....

Go to Muffler Tech...they can do a custom job on it...it wouldnt cost you that much...and your Cat-Back would still give the same performance

Back