Falken azenis

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tphan4

are these any good for drag racing...?

need to replace all four wheels.... azenis seem to be the cheapest....any other suggestions?

yoko es100s.

azenis suck compared to them. in my 14' wheel size, the yokos were 15ea more, and were worth it. they lasted longer, and had MUCH better wet weather grip. they also dont get sloppy like the azenis do on high heat/humid days.

Azenis suck for drag, I do not know of a good, afordable tire that is good for drag, you might want to look at BFG, they seem to have some street/drag tires. The AVS ES 100s I would think would be a slightly better drag tire, but still not by much. IMO the AVS ES 100s is a great street tire, it lasts longer than the Azenis and the Kumho MX, superior wet traction for a performance tire, and they are cheap to pick up.

for the price u cant beat 'em. since the price/performance ratio matters to me most i use them as a summer tire.

they suxor for launching though

azenies have an EXTREMLY stiff sidewall. This is good for cornering to prevent tire roll over and increases the overall spring rate of the suspension. This sucks for drag racing. in drag racing, you want an extremly soft sidewall. Azenies actual compound for drag racing isn't too bad, but the sidewall sucks for it.

i got a 2.1 60ft time on azenis, so they arent the best, but definalty not the worst. but if you get them, they dont hook up as well if you heat em' up. so skip the water box...

draggin on azeni's is like running the tour de france on a moutain bike, or going on vacation in a smart city car.

you're better off running some generic crap on some steelies.

if you're looking to do drag racing, pick up a pair of BFG drag radials for the front and a pair of azenis for the back.

Back