fan switch not working

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

t3t4si

Hey guys im in bind. I put a mugen thermostat and fan switch on b16 recently. But the fan would never come on. So took the thermostat and fan switch off and reinstalled the oem parts. Now still i cant get my fan to come on. Can anyone help with this situation.....i made a manual fan switch that runs off the battery for the time being. But constantly flipping that switch is very ANNOYING!!!

did your temp start to go past the normal temp? because mine was the same way but i let it run for a while and i drove around and when i cam back it was on so you could put it all back and see what happens if it goes past the normal driving temp then it is a problem

yea it begins to run a little above normal when im on the interstate. Im just having trouble getting my fan switch to work. The fan will come on (with my manual switch i made), so i know the fan works. It is just getting the car to turn it on for me is the hard part.

did you check your fuse and ground for the fan that maybe it.

theres a temp. switch on the backside of the block next to the oil filter that is most likely your problem you can test the switch by taking off the two wire attached to it and jump the two wires out.......when you turn the key over the fan should run......if it does just replace the switch if it doesnt you could have a bad relay located under the passenger side headlight......hope this helps

Originally posted by xs2kx@Jan 30 2005, 01:49 AM
theres a temp. switch on the backside of the block next to the oil filter that is most likely your problem you can test the switch by taking off the two wire attached to it and jump the two wires out.......when you turn the key over the fan should run......if it does just replace the switch if it doesnt you could have a bad relay located under the passenger side headlight......hope this helps
[post=453300]Quoted post[/post]​

thats a really good piece of info, thanx man! im gonna print that out right now
:)

Back