Fast Enough

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stud4u2c17

K i have an 89 CRX HF (lighter then the SI), i was wondering if i dropped a DOHC ZC motor (130hp) with SI Trans, and got a few bolt ons like Intake, 2 1/2 exhaust, and some enternal modding like... ported intake and head... if i ran that setup in your opinion do you think i would be able to beat an 96 TA automatic... they have 275hp and the autos are slower then the sticks... the stick runs 14.3 but the auto takes off a little bit... well I doubt i will but i juss wanna beat the V8 guy so he shuts his mouth...thanks for your replys....

whats a TA automatic?

i had a 89 std civic (the lightest for that year? correct me if im wrong) but had basic bolt-ons and no headwork
and was dead even with a 99 camaro z28 stick in the 1/4....im sure it wasnt exactly a 1/4.....we just estimated what a 1/4
would be on the street and ran late at night.

Originally posted by karnash@Mar 4 2003, 02:52 AM
whats a TA automatic?

i had a 89 std civic (the lightest for that year? correct me if im wrong) but had basic bolt-ons and no headwork
and was dead even with a 99 camaro z28 stick in the 1/4....im sure it wasnt exactly a 1/4.....we just estimated what a 1/4
would be on the street and ran late at night.

TA automatic = Trans Am automatic :)

standard, and dude... the z28 runs high 13s, i have never seen a crx with just "basic boltons" even run mid 15s, not 14s, and DEFINITELY not 13s.

Originally posted by stud4u2c17@Mar 3 2003, 06:26 PM
K i have an 89 CRX HF (lighter then the SI), i was wondering if i dropped a DOHC ZC motor (130hp) with SI Trans, and got a few bolt ons like Intake, 2 1/2 exhaust, and some enternal modding like... ported intake and head... if i ran that setup in your opinion do you think i would be able to beat an 96 TA automatic... they have 275hp and the autos are slower then the sticks... the stick runs 14.3 but the auto takes off a little bit... well I doubt i will but i juss wanna beat the V8 guy so he shuts his mouth...thanks for your replys....

with that setup, i think youd have a decent chance...but go with 2-1/4" pipes. those are really the biggest you should get unless you are running turbo or other boost. you'll also have backpressure loss from the headers and muffler so don't go too big with your exhaust pipes or you'll have crappy low end torque.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Mar 6 2003, 09:23 AM
with that setup, i think youd have a decent chance...but go with 2-1/4" pipes. those are really the biggest you should get unless you are running turbo or other boost. you'll also have backpressure loss from the headers and muffler so don't go too big with your exhaust pipes or you'll have crappy low end torque.

but if you have the type-r header then you'll want to get a 2.5" exhaust CAUSE of the collector

personally i dont believe in the type-r header FOR SHIET!!! no power gain on my car when we strapped it on at the dyno lol
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Mar 4 2003, 07:10 PM

this might sound stupid but what is std civic???? :blink:

std civic is one that is hard to find in so. cali....

basically it is a bone stock 4spd. civic. 78hp? maybe....

my mechanic who did the swap said that they are more common in the midwest

Back