Figured Out My Idle Problem.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ScandalousImage

Junior Member
So the gsr swap into my civic had been having severe idle problems, loping between 1k to 3k rpm. I had tried all the simple fixes, vacuum problem, etc... I got a new IAC valve to change, and it turns out that the guy I bought the engine from had felt the need to replace the throttle body gasket to intake manifold with some nice blue silicone sealant in its place. That shit fucked up the engine. I got that shit out of there, put in gasket, and needless to say, the problem is fixed. I doubt anyone gives a damn, but you never know what kind of crazy shit people will try.
 
Top