Finally get some OT....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
since the strike...very little OT, but lately...nothing but ot...

last week, I did a full week, and did the normal sat and sunday OT, then they asked me to come in sunday 4 hours early...(double time still), then work the normal shift. and then this week, I worked both sat and sunday, and they want me to come in at 6:00 pm(@ time and a half), and then work the normal sunday ot (doubletime), go home, and come in sunday night at 8 (another 4 hours of double time) then do my normal shift.....and the normal day, I work 6.5 hours, and get paid for 8 since I'm 3rd shift.

I normally work 11:30-6:30...with a paid lunch (lunch is considered OT as well)

And it might be this way til the end of the year, since they got to make up for 60 days of employees on strike, and a backlog of aircraft that they had planned....they wanted a total of 230 heli's, when the normal output for the year last year was 80....:eek:

and I'm getting a raise soon to....going from $26.80 to $28.08 an hour.... :D

life is starting to look up again

Man. You must make some serious bank if you get double time for OT.

All the money goes for bills.... :(

Sikorsky Aircraft

5 years ago, when I was humping commuter and charter aircraft in FL, I was making $10-11 an hour, 4.5 years ago, I got hired at Sik....getting $19 an hour....and soon to get 28...and the next raise if I make crew cheif with flight status...33+ an hour....

I went in at 5:30 last night, left at 6:30 this morning...from 5:30-11:30 time and a half,(9h), from 11:30-6:00 double time,(16h), from 6:00-6:30 double time extra (1h)...26 hours for being at work 13 hours
The night before, I popped in at 11:30, left at 6:30 for time and a half... get paid for 12 hours...so thats 38 in two days, then the full work week...of 40 hours, and that gets me up to 78 hours....then I came in at 8pm last sunday night(which is my monday morning) @ 3 hours of double time...so that brings me up to another 6 hours...plus the paid lunch for the normal week of 2.5 hours..and the double time and time and a half lunches..almost 2 hours...for a grand total of 88 hours for one week...@ $26.80 an hour...so I made $2358.40 in a week.....but after the govn takes their share...I might see $1500 in my paycheck...and guess what...my mortgage is $1451 for this month..... :(

But, I still have about $600 in the bank from this last paycheck, and a few more bills to pay...prolly about $100 or so...Plus I give the wife $220 a week for food and household supplies for the next week.....the rest left over will go towards the mortgage if I can go with out spending it...but I have to buy a door for the Z this week...so that sucks down about $100-150....unless the guy likes some wheels I have...hehe. Next paycheck will go for the rest of what I owe for the mortgage, and then,...any extra will go to a friend that I'm buying my next toy from...at least a down payment, and then more payments till it's paid off...... hint hint.....boost. :)

I'm getting tired of living paycheck to paycheck.. :mad: But the damn fetish of building up cars is getting the better of me. Good thing I'll have the CRX done soon, so that it can go up on Ebay and get something back for the money I dumped into it....or be a dependable DD for work if I dont boost it. And I'll be selling some other shit to clear out my basement/driveway, and once it's cleared, then I can rebuild whatever in the wintertime, house or car.... Prolly my saving grace is that I'm dumping close to $200 in my 401K and extra taxes each week....and it's closing in on $19K's :D and my next tax return might get me something new to drive next year.:cool:

Sorry for the ranting.....13 hour day, 4 beers later, and I'm going to pass out when I post this.... I'm still steamed at that damn strike:mad: I could have had 7 weeks more money to have played around with rgis year....and a vacation to Japan too...but nope...some crappy people wanted to pay less for insurance even after they had a sweet life and no real bills, and they wanted to fight a no-win battle. I feel like a dope.:( Plus I payed for a membership for autocross this year, and I haven't gone once.:mad: But next weekend, I'll have plenty of seat-time at limerock, drifting from 10am till 5 pm....:p...and I'll prolly use AAA again:D

Sorry once more for the rant...I go back to work again tonight at 6pm :( but double ot for 6 hours (+12hs for next weeks paycheck...errmm...+ $321.60:D )

Back