Finally my car is fixed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2fastaccord

After all the BS and money spent on a new dizzy, new fuel injectors, fuel rail, fuel pump, pressure regulator, pressure gauge. Now it is finally fixed. It was the Main Relay all the damn time! I am getting a new mechanic since mine said that he was sure that it was not the main relay. I bought the part from Honda brand new and 30 mins later it was in. I am so happy that my car is finally fixed.

Peace*

Nice, just so you know there are tests that a mechanic can do to the main relay. I would go over to his shop and riase hell.

Isnt that the piece that makes your car hard to start after it is warmed up? It's a little grey/tan box underneath the dash right?

If it's tested while it's cold it will check out as ok. It's pretty easy to tell if it's the relay though. Next time just take it to the dealer. At least they will tell you what's wrong, even if you don't want to pay for them to fix it.

the honda dealer out here charges $70 to do that (diagnose & estimate)...but i dont know if they all do that.

2fastaccord, glad u got your problem solved! i went through the same thing when my igniter started failing. replaced the starter, battery, main relay, distributor, and ECU. the replacement distrubor actually had the same problem, but we eventually figured out it was the igniter. i didnt get charged for the other things, but i had to go without my car for awhile. (my mechanic is sort of a friend of the family)

Back