Finishing up swap, now tires won't spin?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tdaddylove

Okay, i finally got the car running and idling around 1200 rpm. I still have a code 6 and i think possibly another code. But the car runs, so after i put it all back togethor, i noticed that if i tightened up the big nut in the middle of the rotor, that the tires won't spin at all. Is this normal? it looks like there is supposed to be some type of pin that slides into the slots on the nut but i dont' have that on either side.

Also, does anyone have a link to a service manual for a dx engine? I have a couple sensor wires that aren't plugged into the b16 that are causing me problems. The only problem is that i can't tell what they are. Could i check the wire color and check the same color wire at the ecu to determine what it does? I do have a sheet with what the ecu pinouts are.

that nut holds the axel to the hub. it shoudl spin freely.
the cotter pin on the nut is not for the axel, thats for the ball joints.

don't request service manual links here. its piracy and will not be condoned. buy one like you should have before you did the swap. helminc.com

did you remove the little rubber seal from the CV joint?
f9d119db.jpg

Well i found that the one seal where the drivers side axle goes into the tranny is missing. Its leaking oil all over the place. So hopefully that will fix the problem.

Originally posted by tdaddylove@Mar 15 2004, 12:03 AM
Well i found that the one seal where the drivers side axle goes into the tranny is missing. Its leaking oil all over the place. So hopefully that will fix the problem.

on the outer CV joint where it goes into the hub, you need to remove the rubber ring that is on the CV joint - pop it off with screwdriver

Thanks guys, i found out that there was two of them seals at the axle hub. Everything works good now. Thanks

Tim

Back