First Japan, now Thailand...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i still dont understand how they could get into the phone, or even put it in DFU mode without his password info. iphones are very particular about that now. it is basically good for parts only.

I saw some references about holding the home button and plugging in the USB cord while the phone is booting, apparently that will put it in DFU, and allow a restore without the password. But even if that works, 1. It wipes the data, 2. They still can't use it for phone calls over a cell network with the activation lock and IMEI blocked.

I believe the phone was lost over being stolen. It was in my front pocket. 99% sure it fell out of my pocket in a cab. I called the cab company and offered a substantial reward and they notified all the cabbies about taking a white guy (falang) to X location at about X time. The gf said it's very possible that the cabbie never heard the message, or didn't care, and that my phone is still sitting under the front seat of a cab somewhere in Thailand lol.

But about the stares. I think part of it was me being white. And I think a larger part was me having an Asian girl on my arm. They assume she must be a prostitute. Especially since we, being Americans, don't dress as modestly in public as they do. And we are more outwardly affectionate (holding hands, kissing, etc).

maybe in older iOS ian, but with 7 it isnt possible. the phone must be unlocked with the password.

could have sworn I saw you could do it with iOS7 even, but all of the articles were early versions of iOS7 and i have the latest version on there. so you're probably right.

I know B wanted to see this.

Food pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 135
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 129
Nice. I'd rock the food.

There's always away to get around the password. Granted you will lose data but if not, do you have any idea how many people forget their passwords and have no clue how to use iTunes? Many iPhones would be bricks.

If I remember right I did my iPhone 4s after taking it from a jail break to 7 and having issues with the update then bricking it and having to restore it. But that was 7.0.

it was quite "aloi"

and i tried a bunch of new fruits.

Durian
Dragonfruit
Mangosteen
Rambutan
Longan
Lychee

Im going to guess:

Durian
Dragonfruit
Lychee

Im going to guess:

Durian
Dragonfruit
Lychee
Linh hates dragon fruit. Normally durian or jackfruit
Rambutan
Longan or lychee

I just opened our fridge and this is what I see. There's a fruit drawer also lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    452.7 KB · Views: 128
what do you mean longan or lychee? they're different lol.

longan and rambutan tasted similar from what i remember. kinda like cantaloupe or honeydew.
lychee and mangosteen are more sweet and tart, and juicier.

how can you hate dragon fruit? its good. kind of the consistency of an apple, and sweet. but i guess if she likes the durian, she probably doesnt like very sweet things. durian is kind of like a creamy onion to me lol. hard to describe the flavor.

A lot of those things are hard to find around here. I've seen Durian and Dragonfruit. The others, never.

you gotta go to a Chinatown to get any of it really.

you probably wont find Mangosteen though. and it'll be expensive. Yet it was like $0.50/lb in Thailand lol.

Normally we don't have both at the same time. One or the other. That's why I said at any time we have half that list.

B needs to find a way to get the fudge out of whiteville. More and more white stores are carrying exotic fruit but the charge 5-10x as much as Asian markers. Local store has rambutan and dragon fruit. I think the dragon fruit is like $4.99/each and rambutan are .75c each.

It could be that dragon fruit just sucks here. It's more like a texture thing with some pair flavor. I've had many different ones and they've all been meh.

Some fruit just doesn't travel well. Although they might grow dragon fruit in FL.

Just for shits and giggles I weighed a rambutan it was 1.05oz I believe it was either $2.99 or $1.99 a pound yesterday. Normally it's around $4.99/lb

Local store is $12/lb and the fruit is always brown and dried out.

Yeah it's crazy expensive here.

Some random pics I pulled from FB:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 135
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 109
is that guy riding an elephant on the highway???

some notes about the pics:

-random elephant walking down a busy street in Nonthaburi. Though illegal to do so.
-Buddhist shrines everywhere. literally everywhere.
-the Ford Fiesta S pic. not only are these cars very popular, but this pic was taken to show the parking situation in most parking garages. they will parallel park directly in front of a row of cars. you are supposed to leave your car in neutral so that people and gently push your car forward or backward if you are blocking them.
-malls are huge. no mall i went in had less than 8 floors lol. usually the upper floors were nothing but food and restaurants. most had a movie theater too.
-hot springs were HOT. i had to dip my legs in like 10 times to get used to it. no way in hell was i going more than knee deep.

Back