First Japan, now Thailand...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

-Family friend owns a nearby private elementary school. one day we walked over there to find the gf's mom and owner. asked a few people there, but couldnt find her. Owner soon after gets a call that a white guy (farang) was walking around the school. almost like a security concern LOL.

-Gf's mom's cousin is the mayor of Chiang Mai. He has a wife (his thrid wife) and like 3 mistresses. was a bit awkward.

Nope.

Honestly, I'm surprised they even had intercoolers.

In some cases, an air filter consisted of a plate with holes drilled into it.

Mother in law gave use 5lbs. Blows my mind, if something is on sale she will buy it for us. But she goes to the extreme. Like Chinese broc, she'll give us 3 bags worth. Or mangos 2 cases at a time. Wtf are we going to do with that much when a lot of it only last 2-3 days before turning?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    793.1 KB · Views: 149
lol. lychee is good though. you can eat like 5 of them in one sitting easily. i'd just each a bunch with every meal.

but the gf's fam is the same way. in Thailand her mom kept trying to give me bags full of mangosteen or longan or whatever. i'll eat one or two, but not a whole bag. or when they make fried rice, or sticky rice, or spring rolls at home, they always try to give me huge containers full. im not going to eat all that lol.

lol. how much did that Rambutan run you? or was it a gift?
I liked it, but its not a must have kinda thing. i think they look cool.

I do love thai food. i really liked their noodle soups. kinda like pho, but less noodles and broth and more other stuff, like veggies and meat. proportionally speaking i mean, as the soups as a whole are smaller (what ive had at least). not many places here that ive found have thai noodle soups like i had in thailand. it's all vietnamese pho places.

Actually no I'm wrong.

Tom Yum is that spicy soup.
Som Tum is the really spicy salad

Papaya salad is hot. very hot. and the sugars in the fruit just make sure that every last burning drop of its heat ends up everywhere in your mouth. lol

Is Papaya salad the same thing as Som Tum? Or are you just adding a comment about papaya salad?

If they aren't the same, I don't think I've had it.

Problem with pho is unless you go to a highly dense Viet area, you'll just get a high dollar bowl of soup with not a lot of content.
When I get pho it's loaded with tons of goodies. If I buy pho around here... lol yeah, nothing special.

Linh bought the box of fruit, no idea how much it was.

Back