First swap sugestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i am looking to do my first swap and was thinking about swapping a d series engine in. Money is an issue. Im going to be swapping it into a 2000 honda civic so i believe most of the d series engines will swap right in. Are dseries engines good to boost and if so which one. But which will be the easiest and cheapest swap?

first of all we need more info, is your car an ex, lx or dx? whats wrong with the engine in it? d series tuned are usually good to 200 hp or 7k rpm stock interals whichever comes first.

it is an SE which mean special edition, im not sure what its equivalent is to. But it has the d16y7 in it right now and it has alot of km's....296000k.
I found someone locally that was selling his d16y8, full swap for $250 and it has 190 xxx km's on it. Is it worth it?
thanks for the help

well i have another question. It will be a easy swap for a d16y8 into a 2000 honda civic right? im pretty sure the d16y8 is obd2b and my car is obd2a or i might have them backwards. But anyway will i need any new harnesses or anything or does it even matter?

Is your car manual or automatic?

Back