For anyone who thinks our soldiers are barbarians

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well yea, if we catch them and they are wounded, the Geneva Convention says we render medical aid. Personally, if it had been us, they wouldn't need medical aid :)

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 16 2005, 12:13 PM
Well yea, if we catch them and they are wounded, the Geneva Convention says we render medical aid. Personally, if it had been us, they wouldn't need medical aid :)
[post=527231]Quoted post[/post]​

Some soldiers put a 7.62 nato round in the front of their skull and others will do whatever it takes to save their lives.

Its great that this soldier did this, but who am I to judge the soldiers who wouldn't have done this, when I'm not out there and don't know the pressures of war? I'm no one to judge, so I'm not going to.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Jul 16 2005, 12:42 PM
Some soldiers put a 7.62 nato round in the front of their skull and others will do whatever it takes to save their lives.
[post=527240]Quoted post[/post]​

umm, isn't the only 7.62 you have the 240G? that would be some harsh shit. yeah id probably hit with my M16, but damn if you walked up on him wounded and lit him up with the 240, yeah that would be a mess. fuck it, fuck them. if one of them shot me there is no way in hell he would live if i chased him down like that.

yeah, my point exaclty. If he shot me I wouldn't even offer him a bulltet if he was already laid out. A few minutes of quality time with the boots would do nicely.

Good read. I like hearing about how the soldiers can be the more civilized person and not shoot when they have them at their needs. It shows to me that in some such areas they're doing the very best thing.

Holy crap... small world, that kid graduated from the same high school as me, like 2 grades under me. I didn't even know he was in the freakin Army!!!

Originally posted by Blanco@Jul 16 2005, 09:48 PM
I absolutely love how the soldiers on the board completely contradict the point of this post. :lol:

And this guy's a medic, his actions kind of go along with the Hippocratic Oath.
[post=527295]Quoted post[/post]​

Not contradicted persay, just that what he did is part of our job discription, and part of the Geneva Convention that we are supposed to be following. Medics don't take the Hippocratic Oath, as a matter of fact, until they have taken a civilian medical course, such as the EMT B/I/A they are highly discouraged from working on civilians.

We wouldn't let them die, we would have killed them in the first place. Had we come upon a injuried enemy that was no longer a threat due to injuries, he would have been stabilized, and arrested. Of all the incursions we had, either the attackers managed to escape, or were killed.

i was a combat medic, never actually saw any action or anything, but... id have a REALLY hard time being merciful on someone who just tried to kill me
i mean what happens now???
he gets back out into the world to share the new found knowlege that next time when trying to kill americans he should aim higher

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 17 2005, 12:00 AM
id have a REALLY hard time being merciful on someone who just tried to kill me
he gets back out into the world to share the new found knowlege that next time when trying to kill americans he should aim higher
[post=527419]Quoted post[/post]​

yep, exactly how i feel. yea he is wounded and yea its against the geneva convention, but who cares? do they give a rats ass about the Geneva convention? no they don't. if that fucker tried to kill me and failed, then you better damn well believe that one of us is gonna die, either me or him, pretty soon after that.

hey i think that it is great that the soldier had it in him to save the guy, i really do, but reality is, most of us would not do the same, including me. i would have no mercy for the guy, he is a sniper, so how is that any more respectable than killing a wounded person/

ehh whatever, its just my opinion

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 16 2005, 10:00 PM
i was a combat medic, never actually saw any action or anything, but... id have a REALLY hard time being merciful on someone who just tried to kill me
[post=527419]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid: was just going to say the same thing. I don't know if Id have the self control to do such a thing.

Back