for those who have seen Donnie Darko

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
*DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIE, IT WONT MAKE SENSE IF YOU HAVENT*

ive watched this movie twice in the past 24 hours and this helped me truely understand the movie. the movie is nothing how it seems.

http://www.tonystuff.co.uk/darko-time.htm

this is the book that donnie recieves from his science teacher in the movie entitled "The Philosophy of Time Travel" written by the character Roberta Ann Sparrow, or 'grandma death' as she is called in the movie. it explains many things in the story that you would otherwise not understand or misinterpret.

i thought it was interesting and figured i'd share it.

I just saw it too, and I loved that movie, also you should watch the deleted scenes on the DVD they really help fill a few holes in the movie, there are like 20 of them too.

i haven't seen it yet either... maybe i'll opick up the dvd tonight

Great movie, I did the same thing watched it two times within 24 hours to understand it. Then about a month later watched it again with my girlfriend. I've heard thing about what the books about, but I haven't really looked into it. But after the second time seeing the movie most of it was pretty easy to understand and see the meaning and what not.

im tellin you guys, watch the movie, then read the the book that ive linked. it will make the movie mke sense. everything will make sense, and yes ive watched the deletes scenes, that helped some too.

The movie made sense the first time I watched it... but I was all paying atention and I LOVE Psycho-Thrillers like that one.

very good movie, That book is taken from stephen Hawking's The future of spacetime Im a huge fan of time travel and know more than I should at my age. This movie doesnt really show or even explain time travel at all <_< A good movie that used time travel well was the butterfly effect. (paradox theory)

want to understand time travel easy Paul Davies, How to Build a Time Machine

easy fast read and in plain english

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Apr 5 2004, 07:28 AM
The movie made sense the first time I watched it... but I was all paying atention and I LOVE Psycho-Thrillers like that one.

damn you understood everything?

when i first saw the movie i thought that all this bad stuff happened, and he found a way to go back in time to keep all the stuff from happening (killing himself).

i had to read to book to understand his power over metal and water. and how the manipulated living and dead are there to help him complete his task even if they dont realize it. and how the manipulated living will remember it as a dream and have remorse and the people who died will remember everything. and i knew by the end of the movie that the jet engine came from the future, but i didnt realize that it had to be returned or the universe would be destroyed. and it took me a few times of whatiching it to even realize how he returned the engine. the movie is definitely worth seeing, and it really makes you think twice about everything.

After I watched the movie, I was getting ready for work, and I was kind of in the middle of a fight with heather at the time, so the thoughts about life, uselessness of relationships, and what the hell is up next for me were swimming through my head. That makes me think in a VERY wide open way, and in the half hour hella relaxing HOT shower I took after the movie, I hammered out the details, and made complete sense of the entire storyline... The force of will of the people in his alternate reality, and everything he had to do to put it all back together.

It's very cool, and I really want to see it again, and get the DVD to see the edited parts, too. Might help with a few smallish questions I had about the movie.

Back