Forscan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigJ

I'm just about that action Boss.
VIP
Just got forscan last month for my 2017 F150. Wish I did it sooner!

If you don't know what it is, its open source software that enables you to change values/parameters to unlock dealer optinos in the truck. Play carefully/wisely... Works so well!

Here's what I've done:
  • Enabled Subwoofer Power (stock harness has a subwoofer plug in and you can buy pigtail)
  • Enabled 7 Speaker audio mix (Lows removed from speakers for sub). Mixes better.
  • Added Hill Descent Control
  • Enabled Bambi Mode (Highs and Lows at same time)
  • Enabled Corner lights, tails for DRLs. (No headlights on now!)

Just wanted to brag.

It's interesting that they lock features/options in via software only these days. I guess there's nothing they could 'sell' there as an addon though (ala $499 bambi mode :D)

What else can you do with it?

wonder if my truck has something like that...

It's interesting that they lock features/options in via software only these days. I guess there's nothing they could 'sell' there as an addon though (ala $499 bambi mode :D)

What else can you do with it?

wonder if my truck has something like that...
Let's say I get new tires and want my speedo to be accurate. There is a table with the inputs to change so you can update your speedo. Once i get new tires (+1"), I'll do that.

I can change the launch screens, backgrounds, add hvac to the touch panel, auto open windows on codes from remote, etc. Most of the things I don't care about or have too many steps I could see going wront to bother with.

This is all fords, not just trucks.

Very cool! I like these little manufacturer programmers.

Back