FREE Road Racing Book Online

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tmitbyh

Let me start by saying I am not affiliated with the book, writer, publishing company or anything like that. I merely purchased the book two years ago, loved it, and found out recently the author is offering it's content online for free.

The book is great for someone who is looking to get into racing and even for those that are already into it. The author is also giving away some really great prizes as well from a number of different automotive related companies.

Home Page

Jake Fisher's a very good friend of mine. On both of our sites there's video of us racing together. In reality it probably hurt me by using a photo with old cars on it, even though that's what we both race.

Take a look at the home page now (might need to refresh your browser). Is that a bit better? I'm open to constructive ideas on how to better improve the site. Unfortunately I do need to keep those Google Ads as I'm way into the negative with this project.

This whole book and website thing has been challenging for me. There's no company creating all this - just a guy who got tired of hearing people talk about how expensive it has to be to race and others like myself who find the whole process of starting to race very confusing. While the site isn't perfect and will be a work in process, I can ensure you the information is there.

Feel free to sent me feedback at ContactUS@GoAheadTakeTheWheel.com . Just be nice with your wording. :)

it just doesn't render correctly at all in firefox... see attached.

you should look into something like drupal or joomla. both are free open source CMS solutions.
allows you to 'post' just like you would here on the forum your content. keeps things neat and stuff. it's worth looking into.

Attachments

• Home Page_1209095532112.png
    Home Page_1209095532112.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 138
Try refreshing your browser. I've tested it on multiple versions of FireFox, different computer screens sizes, different IE versions, and also had several other people test it and it worked nicely. Unfortunately when changes are made it appears browsers keep some of the previous information and placement - I've seen that from time to time.

With the Click on contents page above made much larger, does that make it easier to know where to go to find the book information? (Again, assuming it's not jumbled like the above example.)

Another quick question - does the page name "Paddock Store" work for the place where I'm selling various products? I think people will understand something is being sold there, but maybe not? If you don't think it works, do you have any other suggestions?

All of this sure does make me understand why professional web developers charge so much. Talk about frustrating when it works great on one browser but blows up when viewed by another since they interpret code differently. Completely re-doing the site isn't an option for me; I'd much sooner just pull the plug on the whole thing. You wouldn't believe how much time I've spent on that website let alone the book contents itself.

I do appreciate the feedback as this site is meant to help people like yourself. Thanks!!
Dave

Back