Front end shake on 93 civic hatch dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Strouser

MY 1993 honda civic shakes pretty bad going about 20 and up. It gets worse as i make left turns and gets a little better as i make right turns. At first i thought it was the cv joint because the boot was torn and sprayed grease everywhere. But i replaced it and its still there, then i went and rebalanced my tires at work and still nothing. The only way i can explain the sound is its like something is rubbing, like my wheel is rubbing on the fender 24/7 but its not..... nothing is rubbing. I did the wheel bearing and tie rod test and they were solid. Please let me know what you think it could be. When i replaced the axle i had to go through a lot of suspension and never noticed anything broken besides maybe one balljoint that doesnt look to bad but could be going out soon.

Have you given the car an alignment?

it's possible a wheel is bent, but that wouldn't explain the sound.

how about the calipers? any dragging? a caliper on a warped rotor could cause a vibration if it's dragging....

If the ball joint boot is ripped or if it feels loose it needs to be replaced.

Otherwise I would check your lower control arm bushings if they are original they are most likely toast

Back