Frozen Lock...urg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Well it rained like a good inch or so yesterday then today Go old michigan decided to drop the temp to 10 degrees. Now both sides of my car has frozen locks, tried heating my keep up with a blow torch, did not work, Tryed the lock d-icers, did nothing. I had to admit defet and call my dad to pick me up. Now my car is in the middle of a parking lot. Any suggestions from our canadian members how to unlock my car.

smoke =)

take out your lighter. heat up your key with it. put it in jiggle...
lather. repeat as desired.
the heat on the key and the movement will eventually break the lock freeze. jsut don't turn to hard, or you will snap the key and be S.O.L even more.

Yep did that did nothing, i even found some kick in an f 350 who had a blow torch heated up my key for a while but it was so windy a zippo would not even stay lit (good day for a lock to freeze)

buiy some lock de-icer for like $1.99 and spray it in there. If you are close to an outlet hair dryers work well.

lol, find power and use the hair dryer, it will work

i was outside in shorts and a t-shirt today, and did a little work on dads car. nice and sunny, high was in teh 70's today :lol:

I am getting real sick of this whole winter season thing. Zueke, its offical, the location of your meet has officaly been changed to the flordia Keys or else Jamaca. :)

I guess i am going to have to leave it there, Hopefully the sun tommrow will let it thaw out.

try spraying some wd-40 on them and then heat them up with a heat gun or blowdryer. spray wd-40 into your locks every so often during the winter to keep them from freezing. ...or better yet, move out here to socal where it was almost 80 degrees here today B) there was a honda-tech.com meet at the beach here this afternoon and some guys went surfing! i missed it cause i had lunch with my folks.

Well I finally got it open, just after school today, tryed it, open the first time. It is cold today (aol is saying 22 right now) but sunny so it heated up my interior a little and heated up my doors. Today I am going to go to autozone and pick up a tube of dielectric grease to shove down in there.

Originally posted by gupta_p@Mar 10 2003, 11:28 PM
Take Key (hot or not)..

Jab into driverside window.

Clear Glass Shards.

Jump into car, F1 style.

Uh, that is Nascar style, I will never go that low, If i took the top off, that would be F1 style.

Well I live in Canada! Toronto* dat is..
lol *im always so proud!*

anyways..
We rarely get that here.. so how do u get it there??
lol
well
the lighter to the ket should work!

well the blow dryer suggestion........ :whatafucktard:

Originally posted by Sweet InStinct@Mar 11 2003, 02:42 PM
Well I live in Canada! Toronto* dat is..
lol *im always so proud!*

anyways..
We rarely get that here.. so how do u get it there??
lol
well
the lighter to the ket should work!

well the blow dryer suggestion........ :whatafucktard:

well it is solved now but the major reason why it happened is 2 reasons

1. I wash my car alot and I must have sprayed a little water in the lock (while back ago, had the problem on DRIVERS door ever sence)

2. It was like 40 the day before and it rained like hell, good 1 and a half of rain, then the next day (day that the problem happened) It was 8 degrees out (for our fellow canadians, way below zero celicius) so everything got pretty icey.

Back