FS: 97 EK B20 vtec built 12's 232 hp 177 tq NA

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

khai_tuan_nguyen

It is time to sell the 2 yr project EK. The car is a black 97 coupe. Originally an HX (Better insurance) MAny many things have been changed. Here is everything I can remember

ENGINE
B20b block GE sleeved bored to 85mm
Wiseco 11.5:1 cr with ARP rod bolts
b16 head with civic type r cams, springs and retainers
STR spark plug cover and fuse box coer in chrome

BOLT ONS
JDM type r 2.5" header
Greddy exhaust
str 68mm tb and cam gears
injen CAI w/ m bypass valve
AEBS intake manifold
AEM fuel rail and regulator
450cc injectors
255 LPH walbro fuel pump

SUSPENSION
Tociko Blue Struts
Arospeed coilovers (lowered about 2.5" perfect, no scraping and stupid stopping over speed bumps, but wheels fill wheel well)
Type r style rear and front strut braces

COMPUTER
hondatas s100 on chipped obd1 ecu
(ALso have obd2 p72 for emissions, which it passed 2 months ago= fresh tags)

EXTERIOR
Black
2000 civic si tails
96-98 rare SIR lip
type r rear lip
projector headlights
type r grill
15" rota slips in black with custom black with red H centercaps
195/50/15 les scwab Zexius tires (about 80% tread)

Interior
Skunk2 440 gram shift knob
Skunk2 short shifter
black civic type r floor mats
custom black with grey stitching center console
custom black with grey stitching door arm rests
black leather seats with grey middle section (Front and Back)
gunmetal pedal set w/ dead pedal

Stereo
Alpine speakers in front and back
Pioneer in dash motorized dvd player and stereo with 3 year warrenty 7" screen

The car made 232 hp and 177 tq on a mustang dyno with little play in cam timing. The car was also dynoed with the cat and the head is not ported or polished so it still has some power left. Upgrade valvetrain and cams and you could be seeing 250 whp. All engine work including tuning was professionally done by Groundzero motorsports about 3-4 months ago so it was done right.

the car could use a new paint job to finish the project up.
Rock chips in the front, especially the hood.
Small door dings and dimples on driver and passenger side doors.
rear driver side quarter panel has dent
Paint still shines and I wax it up every month or so. If I kept it would get a new paint job, but it still turns heads. Its a sleeper except the headlights. The car like all vtec hondas burns a little oil. But there are never any oil puddles or anything like that. This is my only car so it is definitely a daily driver monster. However there is no power steering or air conditioning.

The title is CLEAR, no accidents or anything.The odomoeter says 108,XXX miles, but the motor since rebuild has about 5k miles. The recuild included decking the head, all new seals in the block, new oil pump, water pump and belts.

there is probably more stuff that I don't know aboout or remember, but if you have questions ask away.

The car is located in Portland, OR. and I could drive to meet if you are interested.
I have spent about 25-30K on everything, but make some offers and lets work a deal out. I need to move on and get a new project (thinking S4)

On to the pics (sorry I have a crappy camera) I have a few more pics if you anywants them shoot me a PM.

Thanks

gallery_25607_107_233114.jpg

gallery_25607_107_126142.jpg

gallery_25607_107_40302.jpg

gallery_25607_107_109418.jpg

gallery_25607_107_214849.jpg

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 11 2005, 01:46 PM
damn, you jsut got this thing together not too long ago-- already selling out?
[post=538930]Quoted post[/post]​

Sad to say but yes.

Remember those other builds I am doing. K20 into an ek and h22 into a teg. Maybe K24 vtec into ek and I need a turbo car. So turbo one of those or an s4 with some bolt ons, maybe a chip. We will see. Any suggestions to sweeten the deal or sell this puppy faster? what do you think about the price?

Originally posted by khai_tuan_nguyen@Aug 15 2005, 12:39 PM
SOmeone buy me. I will accept trades too for something that is almost stock, maybe automatic with a/c and p/s

Let me know
[post=540361]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey Tuan,

Good luck with your sale. I'm in the car buying business right now and I'm telling you that it has been tough. Depending on your timeline on how soon you want to sell it you have a couple of options.

I recommend ebay and having someone list the item for sale for you that has numerous feedback on selling cars online. I've seen so many cars sell on ebay for much less fairly because the auction wasn't presented well enough or it was from someone with insufficient feedback and credibility to be selling a car online.

The price to move car will be between 8K and under. How much under? It will depend on how soon you will want to sell the car. Good luck with your sale and I will be happy to help out to give back for the amount of help I've received from Hondaswap and Honda-tech members.

Ton

Originally posted by Stick-e-rice+Aug 15 2005, 07:55 PM-->
khai_tuan_nguyen
@Aug 15 2005, 12:39 PM
SOmeone buy me. I will accept trades too for something that is almost stock, maybe automatic with a/c and p/s

Let me know
[post=540361]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey Tuan,

Good luck with your sale. I'm in the car buying business right now and I'm telling you that it has been tough. Depending on your timeline on how soon you want to sell it you have a couple of options.

I recommend ebay and having someone list the item for sale for you that has numerous feedback on selling cars online. I've seen so many cars sell on ebay for much less fairly because the auction wasn't presented well enough or it was from someone with insufficient feedback and credibility to be selling a car online.

The price to move car will be between 8K and under. How much under? It will depend on how soon you will want to sell the car. Good luck with your sale and I will be happy to help out to give back for the amount of help I've received from Hondaswap and Honda-tech members.

Ton
[post=540474]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey thanks,

So you are saying that I can sell it for 8k or less? I have numberous offers of 8-9K, but wanted 12k originally and the lowest would be 10k or trades and cash.

Thanks for the offer though.

Good luck with your sale. =)

I'm not making an offer, just giving you an opinion. I buy and sell cars and its tough for everyone right now trying to make a sale.

Ebay I think would be the best bet, worth a try to test waters.

If you don't sell the item, its under 20 dollars.

I would have somebody who has completed high dollar transactions list the auction for credibility and make a detailed description with as many pictures as possible. So many cars sell for much less on ebay just because they don't have these two important points covered.

Good luck. :)

Alright no one wants it I guess I was just give it away for free.... You come pick it up and it is yours.

J/K. another bump

[quote name='khai_tuan_nguyen' date='Aug 18 2005, 12:42 PM' post='568822']
Alright no one wants it I guess I was just give it away for free.... You come pick it up and it is yours.

i want it .. i want it.. gimme gimme for free

will trade ya straight up for my 1995 lexus sc400

[quote name='huybui' date='Nov 14 2005, 04:10 AM' post='613985']
[quote name='khai_tuan_nguyen' date='Aug 18 2005, 12:42 PM' post='568822']

i want it .. i want it.. gimme gimme for free
[/quote]

Back