fuel cell

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
..i hate the fact that my crx has the fuel tank under the car and its a bitch to get to the fuel pump.....and its probably heavier than this cell

so i was reaserching and thought that it would be nice to buy a cell like this
32_1_b.JPG

8 gallon 17"x 17"x8"

do i use an intank or inline pump for the cell??????

i also have a nos bottle in the hatch and since i do go to the track on a weekly basis...i wonder if i can have the cell by the bottle....

i dont drive the car everyday but i might start....
i am open to any sugestions

formby...let me find the pics of my rex/w my cell in it. you'll see exactly what your looking for!!!

I think its a good idea. I'm pulling my gas tank to make way for a straight through exhaust and diffuser, and putting the cell in the place where the spare tire goes.

here ya go.....the last one...i just like!. these are about 2 years old now when i was doing all my fabrication/cage/etc. Th ecell actually is "hung" from the cage...not bolted to the chassis itself...
28103269-M.jpg

28103272-M.jpg

28103265-M.jpg

I just think this is a cool pic right befor ethe cage went in!
28103276-L.jpg

sweet....how many galons?
what did you do with the stock fuel lines?
how did you run the new lines? return and feed
what pump did you use?

i was looking in ebay and the inline pumps are expensive as fuck....

nice pics i'm going to save them so i can show my welder you roll bar set up...

Originally posted by formby@Jul 12 2005, 10:36 AM
sweet....how many galons?
what did you do with the stock fuel lines?
how did you run the new lines? return and feed
what pump did you use?

i was looking in ebay and the inline pumps are expensive as fuck....

nice pics i'm going to save them so i can show my welder you roll bar set up...
[post=524684]Quoted post[/post]​

12 gallons
run all new steel flex lines/fittings (ditched the factory shit)
routed the lines ( very carfully) out and back under the car(inside a secured rail for safety) and back out the firewall!
haven't bought the pump yet!

as far as the roll cage. the guy that does my fab work is F'n amazing. best work ive ever seen. he builds everything from full nascar chassis to top fuel shit. hes thm man. I have much better pics somewhere i can send ya. BTW- this is a 8 pt. NHRA approved chromoly cage!

wow....looks expensive.... the reason i ask so much is because i got a letter in the mail from the dmv that said if i get one more ticket they would suspend my licence for 1yr....so the rex is going in for surgery....and this is one of the things i need to do

so you ran the lines under the platform inside a secured rail...did you make the rail? or used an existing one...and i suppose you made 2 holes in the hatch for the lines to the tank

ran fittings out the tank and down through the spare tire well and fabricated a rail under the car to the fire wall and out. not too bad. all the fab (much more thna what you see in the pics =$4200. but 100% worth my life and my cars integrity!

Back