Fuel/Engine management..got lots of money.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXSI91

over the course of this past week..ive came up with about 1100 dollars to spend on my turbo build....now this week..i gain even more money,from working on cars (side jobs) and double pay checks...so i should be somewhere around 1500 or 1600 all together....now the first thing i want to do is get my engine and fuel parts,because from what B (pissedoffsol) has STRESSED...that is the second most important part of building a engine for turbo (next to building the block)....

heres what i plan on getting :

-Walbro 255 LPH intank fuel pump (B18b)
-AEM fuel rail
-AEM fuel pressure regulator (you can say what u want..but im not getting it yet,but i will get it eventually)
-RC 440cc fuel injectors (dont know whether to get peak/hold or saturated..someone help me out)....as far as the cc's go...im lookin for 300whp..so does that size match up to my estimated goal???
-P75 OBD 1 LS ecu
-Hondata S200 w/boost

thats what i want to start off with for right now..

now keep in mind..take about 300 + dollars off of that amount of money accumulated..because i bought a carbon fiber hood for 250 yesterday..and im getting my autostart installed on sunday...but those two things are very much worth it..cus i dont wanna have a fast ass car..and my car not have some type of appearance appeal to it...but can anyone help me out,on what my next steps should be? i want to cover all my fuel and engine management before i move on to building the block.

I think you're gonna want smoe RC 550's instead of the 440's just to be safe. Plus, it leaves some room for upgrading.

Originally posted by CRXSI91@Apr 5 2005, 06:18 AM
over the course of this past week..ive came up with about 1100 dollars to spend on my turbo build....now this week..i gain even more money,from working on cars (side jobs) and double pay checks...so i should be somewhere around 1500 or 1600 all together....now the first thing i want to do is get my engine and fuel parts,because from what B (pissedoffsol) has STRESSED...that is the second most important part of building a engine for turbo (next to building the block)....

no, its even more important than the block

i'd rather have proper fuel management and a stock motor
than a sleeved block and an fmu.

anyway...

-AEM fuel rail

why?
it doesn't hold crap for extra volume. Golden eagle is where its at. http://www.goldeneaglemfg.com
-AEM fuel pressure regulator (you can say what u want..but im not getting it yet,but i will get it eventually)

you don't need this at all. use your stock one. i guarantee that you will NEVER touch the adjustment from the stock 45 psi with properly sized injectors and fuel management.

-RC 440cc fuel injectors (dont know whether to get peak/hold or saturated..someone help me out)....as far as the cc's go...im lookin for 300whp..so does that size match up to my estimated goal???

440's will top out at about 250-ish whp at a safe 12:1 a/f

you're going to want at least 550's, and even better 650 or 750's.
saturated are direct plug and play on obd1/2 cars. peak/hold will require the use of a resistor box on obd1/2 cars, but will plug right in on obd0 cars. so it all depends on what ecu you are using.
-P75 OBD 1 LS ecu
-Hondata S200 w/boost

so, you're going to want saturated. RC makes 550/650/750cc saturated injectors. importparts.com sells them.

start off with?

you're good. all you need is dyno time and a 3-bar map sensor if you are going over 11 psi.

but can anyone help me out,on what my next steps should be? i want to cover all my fuel and engine management before i move on to building the block.
[post=483005]Quoted post[/post]​

delivery - the pump, the rail, the injectors.
contol - the hondata and dyno time.

what more do you need? :)

a good tuner.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Apr 5 2005, 09:00 AM-->
@Apr 5 2005, 06:18 AM

no, its even more important than the block

i'd rather have proper fuel management and a stock motor
than a sleeved block and an fmu.

anyway...

-AEM fuel rail

why?
it doesn't hold crap for extra volume. Golden eagle is where its at. http://www.goldeneaglemfg.com

you don't need this at all. use your stock one. i guarantee that you will NEVER touch the adjustment from the stock 45 psi with properly sized injectors and fuel management.

440's will top out at about 250-ish whp at a safe 12:1 a/f

you're going to want at least 550's, and even better 650 or 750's.
saturated are direct plug and play on obd1/2 cars. peak/hold will require the use of a resistor box on obd1/2 cars, but will plug right in on obd0 cars. so it all depends on what ecu you are using.
-P75 OBD 1 LS ecu
-Hondata S200 w/boost

so, you're going to want saturated. RC makes 550/650/750cc saturated injectors. importparts.com sells them.

start off with?

you're good. all you need is dyno time and a 3-bar map sensor if you are going over 11 psi.

but can anyone help me out,on what my next steps should be? i want to cover all my fuel and engine management before i move on to building the block.
[post=483005]Quoted post[/post]​

delivery - the pump, the rail, the injectors.
contol - the hondata and dyno time.

what more do you need? :)

a good tuner.
[post=483033]Quoted post[/post]​

damn b..u just summed everything up pretty fast haha

so your saying if i buy GREAT fuel management and engine management systems..i dont have to build the block?? cus the shit im buying is basically top of the line...i mean i dont want to skip an area,and blow my motor..but i remember u said,u CAN (meaning its possible..but not meaning it can be done all the time) boost your LS motor to 250 300 whp without going inside the block....just let me know your advice..i mean i dont have the money for rods and pistons right now..but i will..but if i can save money,then thats what ill do

a stock LS will hold 250whp no problem on a solid tune... after that, i would at least do forged pistons and rods. that will take you to 325 no problem.

and do it right the first time. don't get greedy.

get the kit on, tune up, and be easy on it.. 200 whp is fine. you will still smoke 98% of the cars out there.
when you get more cash and time to build, go a little more... and so on.

take the $$$$ you got and build the block, conv to OBD1 and run uberdata w/ whatever inj are nessesry for you power goals

built block and EM for the same price as just managment

i know what i would choose

Originally posted by racintweek@Apr 5 2005, 12:52 PM
take the $$$$ you got and build the block, conv to OBD1 and run uberdata w/ whatever inj are nessesry for you power goals

built block and EM for the same price as just managment

i know what i would choose
[post=483175]Quoted post[/post]​

:concur:

yeah, Uberdata is free, so you save $500 over Hondata right there. That should be enough for some pistons and rods (or atleast a good start)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 5 2005, 12:51 PM
a stock LS will hold 250whp no problem on a solid tune... after that, i would at least do forged pistons and rods. that will take you to 325 no problem.

and do it right the first time. don't get greedy.

get the kit on, tune up, and be easy on it.. 200 whp is fine. you will still smoke 98% of the cars out there.
when you get more cash and time to build, go a little more... and so on.
[post=483173]Quoted post[/post]​

iight,i think ima do that,thats some good advice...thanks b.

Back