full gasket kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CiViC_SOHC

ok so like the title says I need to find a full gasket set for my D16Z6 I looked on summit for a mr.gasket but they don't have one for a Z6....I need a kit that has exhaust and intake valve stem seals along with all the other seals....any websites or help would be greatly appreciated...I can get a kit from rockprod...for 170 bucks kinda expensive...and I have to pay shipping....

Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC@Jul 10 2005, 02:32 PM
ok so like the title says I need to find a full gasket set for my D16Z6 I looked on summit for a mr.gasket but they don't have one for a Z6....I need a kit that has exhaust and intake valve stem seals along with all the other seals....any websites or help would be greatly appreciated...I can get a kit from rockprod...for 170 bucks kinda expensive...and I have to pay shipping....
[post=523645]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm getting a full gasket kit from my local Honda dealer who has to order it. Cost about $200.

Originally posted by mozzandherb+Jul 10 2005, 02:51 PM-->
CiViC_SOHC
@Jul 10 2005, 02:32 PM
[post=523645]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm getting a full gasket kit from my local Honda dealer who has to order it. Cost about $200.
[post=523652]Quoted post[/post]​

should I get that instead of that rock products one? or what...I mean my buddy supposdly has ordered some before and the people said they are good...

OEM gaskets will be better than almost any aftermarket kit out there. Not many third-party gaskets will be better than OEM.

ill check with my local honda dealer to see what price they give me if its over 200 dollars I will just get the rock products one...I heard good things with rock products so I will see and get back to you guys thanks for all the info!

Originally posted by Blanco@Jul 12 2005, 03:13 AM
Just about $200 here: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/j...ANSMISSION+ASSY.

At the dealer it'll be close to $200 for just the head gasket kit. My local dealer wasn't willing to price match, anyway.
[post=524576]Quoted post[/post]​

ya I just got back from my dealer they wanted 192.75 for the top gasket kit and 68.01 for the lower (which is just the fuckin oil pan and timing and stupid little stuff like that) so ya I dunno im not getting it from them!! lol

Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC@Jul 12 2005, 12:54 PM
ya I just got back from my dealer they wanted 192.75 for the top gasket kit and 68.01 for the lower (which is just the fuckin oil pan and timing and stupid little stuff like that) so ya I dunno im not getting it from them!! lol
[post=524766]Quoted post[/post]​

ROFL, yeah stupid unimportant stuff like the front and rear main seals.. Who the hell needs those??

Anyway, go honda OEM.. Its just better. Also, just food for thought... Will a D16A6 gasket set fit a D16z6? Might be worth looking into.

Back