gas savers ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92dxhatch

clicky

now i've seen this theroized and in theory it should work, but it just seams to easy. theres something i'm not buying with this. what you guy think?

Quoted post[/post]]
clicky

now i've seen this theroized and in theory it should work, but it just seams to easy. theres something i'm not buying with this. what you guy think?
i've never heard of that product... but my friend bought the "Tornado" a couple months ago, and he said he noticed that a full tank now last him 20 more miles than it did before he got it. So he gained about a mile extra a gallon. not much but it's a start.

1. There is nothing magnetic in fuel, and nothing in fuel reacts to a magnetic field. so they are full of shit.

2. Yes, you will save gas with a "tornado". It restricts your intake so your motor does not get as much air as it normally would, which, in turn, causes the ecu to send less gas.. so you increase fuel mileage, and reduce horsepower. That is all folks.. the tornado is a full of shit device. Especially on a honda with the intake manifold designed as it is. Any "spin" or "turbulence" that the air may have picked up is straightened out by the time it makes it to the injected fuel.

3. Fuck all of these miracle cures. You want slightly better mileage? Grab a K&N air filter and slap it in. Already have one?? Rip out those fuel injectors that have seen 100k+ miles and have them professionally serviced. Make sure your tires are properly inflated and your plugs, wires, cap and rotor are in good shape.

Do all of that and I guarantee you will see a minimum 5 mpg increase.

oh, and toss those platinum plugs. Go grab a set of normal, every day NGK plugs. :thumbsup:

Quoted post[/post]]
1. There is nothing magnetic in fuel, and nothing in fuel reacts to a magnetic field. so they are full of shit.

2. Yes, you will save gas with a "tornado". It restricts your intake so your motor does not get as much air as it normally would, which, in turn, causes the ecu to send less gas.. so you increase fuel mileage, and reduce horsepower. That is all folks.. the tornado is a full of shit device. Especially on a honda with the intake manifold designed as it is. Any "spin" or "turbulence" that the air may have picked up is straightened out by the time it makes it to the injected fuel.

3. Fuck all of these miracle cures. You want slightly better mileage? Grab a K&N air filter and slap it in. Already have one?? Rip out those fuel injectors that have seen 100k+ miles and have them professionally serviced. Make sure your tires are properly inflated and your plugs, wires, cap and rotor are in good shape.

oh, and toss those platinum plugs. Go grab a set of normal, every day NGK plugs. :thumbsup:

:withstupid:

As import enthusiasts, we have the greatest fuel economy out of any "hotrod" division, and we still search for ways...

Just seems weird... lol

well i dont know if its just me... but when i drive i like to step on it.. in turn i use more gas... but hey wouldnt you like to be able to step on it and save a little gas ... sure why not.. i bought that tornado piece of shit... i took it out and put it in my girls car since she drives more.. and she has never opened her GSR up completely.. me on the other hand, have though

tornado= bullshit

tornado? never heard of it, i really don't buy crap like that, i think if your wanting better airflow, get a freakin intake, i did notice that i saved 2-6 mpg more with my short ram aem intake than the stock one, not sure if thats it, but with an intake and headers, i'm up to 40-42 on the freeway, thats as or better than the new civics now a days.

Quoted post[/post]]

no it dosn't restrict the air and cause the ecu to send less gas. It creats a turbulence that helps the fuel stay in suspension longer. They work the same way a tb spacer works and yes they do work i have dyno charts to show they do .

as for the rest of the stuff you said it true and does work.

what about the obx tb spacer any suggestions.... i have one didnt really notice a diffrence just this little whistle like noise pretty cool thoug

when i say tb spacer i mean full sive v8 trucks and cars not a honda. Asd for obx spacers on a honda I have no idea if they work or not

Back