Gas Tank

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
How much will a 94-01 GSR gas tank hold? and would it fit into a 2000 Si?

If it holds more gas I'd like to eventually swap it in for a longer range in miles.

13.3 gallons for a 97-01 type-r integra. Probably does fit. Not worth the trouble.
Just stop and fill the tank. who wants to sit for 300 straight miles anyway.

I would like to be able to go for 300 miles without worrying about it. When the tank gets empty the injectors start to stick and it holds the RPMs at 4500. (that's a whole other story, and yes i've put cleaner in it.)

I'd like to be able to fill up less during the month and not worry about it for longer than a week and a half.

Originally posted by B16CRX@Jul 17 2005, 05:47 PM
I fill up twice a week.
[post=527506]Quoted post[/post]​

Vtec pwnZ milage :) I know how you feel, if I drive on the autobahn for a trip of four hours and I am below half a tank if I stay in vtec.

So... does anybody know for sure if it's a larger capacity and if it'd even remotely fit in or what?

I dont get why you want to do this? you will still end up spending the same amount of money in gas.

Originally posted by B16CRX@Jul 17 2005, 08:52 PM
I dont get why you want to do this? you will still end up spending the same amount of money in gas.
[post=527588]Quoted post[/post]​

Same reason I am thinking about swapping out my 10G tank, because it gets annoying getting gas as often as I do, even if I was only adding a couple days to a week between fill ups, it would be nicer.

Originally posted by B16CRX@Jul 17 2005, 02:52 PM
[post=527588]Quoted post[/post]​

No I'll spend more money on gas each fill up if it's a bigger tank, but I will be able to drive a longer distance between doing it. That's the whole point.

I found something here. the GSR tank is 13.2 compared to my 11.9.

1.3 gallons difference, that's at least 27 miles difference.

Now if anyone's done a gsr gas tank swap....

why dont you just get picutres of both of them and compare? if the dimensions are roughly the same it should work. Good Luck.

I've searched and can only find pics of 90-93 GSRs and EG hatch/sedan gas tanks...

I take back my previous comment, small gas tank is nice cause it has never taken more than$20 to fill. But my top travel distance is 350 and that would leave me with <1 gallon.

Originally posted by Pewble@Jul 21 2005, 02:59 PM
tunerschoice.com has a lot of like aux gas tanks. maybe you could use onna those!
[post=529557]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks for the link. I'll check that out tonight.

Back