Genny got a reflash

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just ran a quick configuration, and with limited slip and the brembos, the mustang gt is 32,700. That's $5k more.
and a 3/36 warranty

not quite ball park IMO.

No one has mentioned the 2011 V6 mustang... 305 hp and hundreds of pounds lighter than the Camaro. With the sport package (summer tires & better gearing) they are as quick as the 05-10 GT. Still has a cheapish interior and solid rear axle.

Yup, even better than the Camaro.

The new GTO was a sweet car. GM is my favorite of the big 3. Fiero was a really cool car. 2nd gen Trans-Am can burn in hell though.

The new GTO was a sweet car, it just shouldnt have been called a GTO. I liked the Holden example better.

They need to do openecu and a tactrix cable for this ecu like they do for the Evo's. Open source ecu programming is the best. I only had to pay $150 for dyno time.

There's a project going with evoscan, but the ecu's are very different, maps too. my car has a siemens ecu in it, the evos don't. As far as i know, they are able to read the maps at this point, but a write function, and actually storing data is not there yet.

Maybe in 2 years.

So, for now, this will hold me over.

I just ran a quick configuration, and with limited slip and the brembos, the mustang gt is 32,700. That's $5k more.
and a 3/36 warranty

not quite ball park IMO.

Well, the big thing with ford's is the ability to negotiate into the sales allowance and retail mark up.

And for all seriousness, the GT is fucking nuts. Almost beat the m3 on the road track. .01 slower.

Well, the big thing with ford's is the ability to negotiate into the sales allowance and retail mark up.

And for all seriousness, the GT is fucking nuts. Almost beat the m3 on the road track. .01 slower.
The V6 is the best buy with the options capable of the car, but if you opt for the V8, get ready to start modding because the speed of that stock car is ridiculous.

We have a local car running 12.1x in the 1/4 he paid 27k... its nicely equipped. With tires and a sway bar delete he is looking for 11.5x....

however... if you want to really get technical about it... I'd get a V6... the design in the motor is aweeeeeeesome.

OMG.

That is stupid fast.

Back