Genny is being a POS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
Fighting issues with the proximity key system lately.

first time, key fob is un responsive completely. won't unlock, won't even work if its in the slot for the dead battery in fob catch-all.
luckily that was in my driveway and I just took the truck to work.
that night it started fine.
next morning, same as previous, trucked it.
that night, fine again.
next morning, dead again, trucked it.
wtf.
brought it to the dealer on Saturday when I had time.
they ordered replacement door handels (from a 2011 model) as that is where the proxy sensor is. Car seemed to work after that
fast forward a few days and the key beeps when I shut the car off as if I've left the car running with the key in my pocket (ie, warning you that you're an idiot and left your car on). this is while I'm still in the ca,r pointing at the proximity sensor being fubar again not knowing if I'm in or out.
yesterday I went to a drive through for a coffee. windows wouldn't roll down. I figured it was frozen as it was snowing and thought nothing of it and just carried on.
today I rolled down the windows no problem. and then they died. so now I have down windows heading to work. yeah, not going to fly parking in Hartford with windows down all day with a chance of rain.

so I just drove to the dealer ship instead.

they started tearing it apart again. finally got a loaner when one got returned so we'll see what happens.

I'm really getting annoyed with it. I can't keep missing work for this shit.

I was hoping to keep the car for a while as its almost paid for but I'm also approaching the warranty limit (44k out of 60k on the non-power train stuff (only that has 100k))
now it's got me double thinking that plan.

dare I say, celerity was right?

so they are ordering a window switch control module or some shit and it will be here in 2 days. yay! rockin the sonata.... at least it has XM

that sucks man, at least you still have that warranty! annoying to say the least.

Brian, guy in MA is selling a set of the 19s for 300 bucks with no tires.

1277021_513879138698764_1490038496_o.jpg

want me to get you in contact with him?

Back