Glad I didnt have a job to go to today...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

invisibledemon

Bored
VIP
the main interstate in my area has been closed all morning and will remain closed all weekend.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/26287536/...both-directions-due-to-tanker-truck-explosion

cliffs: tanker truck collided with the support of one of the bridges around 4 am and exploded.
area has been under construction for the better part of a year.

new bridge was being built and almost completed, then old bridge was going to be destroyed and replaced.

the layout that they had for the construction in this area was a recipe for disaster. it was only a matter of time before a good wreck happened. the lanes took a sudden shift right under the bridge because the support for the bridge was there. if you werent paying enough attention you would hit it.

crazy. and shitty for the driver. i assume he zoned out or nodded off for a min. 1 month from retirement too, and had a great record for the 40 years with the company.

yeah, somebody will get sued.
apparently another tanker exploded on 65 in alabama today too.
friends of mine are heading to panama city today and said they saw another tanker explode there.
this one apparently caught fire in the engine compartment which eventually made the tank of fuel explode. no deaths reported in that one.

Back