Gonna buy an h22a hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mariowc

I am gonna be pickin up a EG h22a hatch for $5k soon and I have some questions - people always say 'if you do the right suspension components, you can pretty much eliminate understeer' - but no one ever goes into details. The hatch has Sprint Springs, Koni Yellows, SPC Lower Control Arms, Susp. Tech Sway Bars, Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, and GSR Subframe w/ stock double sway bars. Will that work?

Also, how do h23 tranny's hold up with an h22 block? And do you know if there is any room for a supercharger in the Civic chassis with it? I would turbo, but too much maintaince is required for my job (I deliver.. I can't be without a car).

So you're gettin the hatch, huh? Coolio. :)

That suspension setup sounds pretty nice for handling the added weight.

The H23 tranny should be just find for the H22 engine. It'll be geared a tad long, but you won't have to worry about that if you decide to boost it. :D

How is supercharging an engine going to be less maintenance than turboing an engine? It's still forced induction and requires some level of tuning to get it and keep it running correctly.

Yea - now the hardest part - getting the parentals to co-sign the loan. :(

S/C = less parts, less shit to worry about, and I think that overall S/C would be a better application for what the car will be used for. And the car already runs low 14's up here... :eek: A 13 second daily driven car would be awesome.... :p Maybe I should just try to hit 13's N/A... prolly cheaper and more reliable than any FI. I am just tossin ideas around. :ph34r:

I think you'll be plenty fast if you stay n/a. :) But then, you never know, more power breeds the desire for even MORE power. Hehe

Hey, if the deal goes through, want to buy an EManage, cheap? :p

Yea... fast enough to deliver chinese food. B)

The guy already has it tuned on an V-AFC.. however how cheap are we talking? Cuz I'd also have to buy a laptop.. :)

Back