Got another Taste of the american legal system.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
i'm 25 and i've YET to even get a letter to go serve jury duty... its weird. a lot of my friends have gone, my parenst have gone a couple times that i can rememeber... and me, i've yet to get a letter. i don't know...

at least ct pays $50 a day :p

You don't get $50 a day for SHOWING UP... Only if your SELECTED for a trial, AND SERVE on it.

I lived in CT for about 4 years... Never got summoned... Never had a legal "address" so to speak in CT... I registered my blazer.. within THREE FUCKIN WEEKS I got summoned.. I went.. Showed up at the courthouse 20 miles from home, they said I was selected for a trial, and had to drive to another courthouse (1 mile from home.. DOH!)...

So the other jurors & I make our way up there. By the time we got up there, they had already settled out of court, and we got let go. No $50 a day though.

And the cool part is at least this.. I can yell at my wife's father when I get summoned for Jury Duty... Why? Because he wrote the software for the state that polls the DMV, voter reg, etc for jurors... :)

draft? F that, i think they get you for that through voter reg. too. im nearly 21 and havent registered for shit. if i HAD to im sure they would send you a letter or some shit.

and i didnt say you had to be a reg. voter to be a juror(er?) just thats how they get your name on the list, either way it could be wrong, i dunno, mostlikely.

Quoted post[/post]]
draft? F that, i think they get you for that through voter reg. too. im nearly 21 and havent registered for shit. if i HAD to im sure they would send you a letter or some shit.

and i didnt say you had to be a reg. voter to be a juror(er?) just thats how they get your name on the list, either way it could be wrong, i dunno, mostlikely.

Uh, its a requirement by law to register for the draft when you turn 18. No if's and's or butt's.

i've been through brownwood a couple of times. i didn't speed tho..... ya got to know better than to speed through a small town.

Quoted post[/post]]
ive never been summoned either, but ive heard that they get you on the "list" when you register to vote not sure on how true that is. im not registered nor do i plan to. but again im still young (20) so only time will tell. my brother on the other hand, is 19, and got jury duty like right after he registered to vote.
naa, it's not when you register. my ex GF has been summoned twice, and she's 21. she is a legal resident, but her citizenship paperwork hasn't wnet through yet, so she can't register to vote. me on the other hand, i have never been summoned, and i haven't even registered to vote.

Quoted post[/post]]
Uh, its a requirement by law to register for the draft when you turn 18. No if's and's or butt's.

:werd: they made a big deal about all the crap in HS and pettey much had a table in the lunch room once a month or so to sign up.

Quoted post[/post]]
im not registered nor do i plan to.

Quoted post[/post]]
i haven't even registered to vote.

what's wrong with you people? people in other countries would KILL for this privlige.

I don't ever want to see either of you in a political thread.... lol

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

:werd: they made a big deal about all the crap in HS and pettey much had a table in the lunch room once a month or so to sign up.

Quoted post[/post]]
im not registered nor do i plan to.

Quoted post[/post]]
i haven't even registered to vote.

what's wrong with you people? people in other countries would KILL for this privlige.

:werd:

I didn't sign Selective service. No problems at all. They said I wouldn't be allowed in schools, to apply for jobs, or that it may affect any police action. They said it could result in fines, or even jail time.

they lied. It's a sham. I called their little bluff. "It may result in" hahahah -> Get Ahead in Advertising moment <- "It may result in sprouting a 3rd arm". What it DID result in was years and years of peaceful, easyflowing living with high paying jobs, good schooling, and no recruiter calls.

I win.

Maybe that's why I haven't been called for jury duty too :)

I never signed up for a draft... I have been called once for jury duty.

I plan on registering to vote next election. I have never been able to because i've always lived in a different area than where i would have to register (Live in CT. residence was in FL)... But next year, I should be 100% CT resident legal, and i plan on voting.

I've been voting since.. oh god. Clinton. I was a kid though, and voted for Perot. God I love Perot. It was only later in life I learned how bad of a mistake that would have been. I do , however, feel that if he were to run again he would win by a landslide.

perot is EXACTLY what we need right now. a business man to turn our shit around, not a war-hungry retard.

Quoted post[/post]]
perot is EXACTLY what we need right now. a business man to turn our shit around, not a war-hungry retard.

ROFL.. Yeah, that would have helped out alot.. We could have paid for the damage done on 9/11 and kept going on with life.

We need a "war-hungry retard" right now. Someone with the balls to do something about this terrorist shit. We can't let 'em run around un-checked. I know it looks like a big mess, but there is meaning to it all, Iraq, afganistan, etc.. We aren't there for fun. Thousands of terrorists have been killed and a crazy bastard is out of office. Not that saddam was much our problem anyway, but I sincerely believe that he could have become a problem. Besides, we can kill plenty of terrorists in iraq while we're there.

There are many things that the american public are not let in on. Maybe Saddam was mass-producing biological and nuclear weapons and selling them at global flee markets for $5.00 each. They wouldn't let the public know that, as there would be wide-spread panic. That is just a scenario folks, I'm not saying that is what he did. But I beleive there is alot more going on here than what meets the eye.

If Perot were president, I would be a fuckin millionaire. Clinton's resulting Oval Office Infection, instead, gave me more taxes to pay. (In 1998 I paid 32% income taxes... and I STILL owe)

But, on the other hand, domestic laws and policy would go right out the shitter. Your doctor would have patches on his labcoat like a race car driver, and in order to get government assistance you would have an advertising chip implanted occularly, that played Burger King themes over and over. The markets would be up, the class gaps would be too.

We would be in space, but we would have bought Canada in the worlds first financial border attack.

Quoted post[/post]]
I didn't sign Selective service. No problems at all. They said I wouldn't be allowed in schools, to apply for jobs, or that it may affect any police action. They said it could result in fines, or even jail time.

they lied. It's a sham. I called their little bluff. "It may result in" hahahah -> Get Ahead in Advertising moment <- "It may result in sprouting a 3rd arm". What it DID result in was years and years of peaceful, easyflowing living with high paying jobs, good schooling, and no recruiter calls.

I win.

Maybe that's why I haven't been called for jury duty too :)
if they do reinstate the draft ill be visiting family in canada or england.

Quoted post[/post]]
I've been voting since.. oh god. Clinton. I was a kid though, and voted for Perot. God I love Perot. It was only later in life I learned how bad of a mistake that would have been. I do , however, feel that if he were to run again he would win by a landslide.
i was in 5th or 6th grade i think. damn you guys are old.

Quoted post[/post]]

Quoted post[/post]]

then they can send me a letter and tell me to register. no one has EVER told me i had to register. so why would i?

Quoted post[/post]]

its a personal choice IMO being able to vote for the president doesnt mean shit when its not your vote that goes into account when the president is picked, its all up to the electoral college, which CAN swing against the popular vote. all the propaganda saying your vote matters is BS to me when its not my vote making the decision. and just because i have the option, doesnt mean i HAVE to. for the most part, i do stay out of the political threads, really doesnt interest me, but that doesnt mean i cant have an opinion.

Quoted post[/post]]
i'm 25 and i've YET to even get a letter to go serve jury duty... its weird. a lot of my friends have gone, my parenst have gone a couple times that i can rememeber... and me, i've yet to get a letter. i don't know...

at least ct pays $50 a day :p

That is odd... have you checked to see if a death certificate has been issued to your name and SS#? lol

I got my summons last August for duty in October. I get there and it was a case about a guy who apparently beat his ex wife.

The way it goes up here is you have to sit there for hours while 6 potential jurors at a time (I think there were 20 of us total) are called into the stands to undergo questioning by the plaintiff and defendant's attorneys.

I never made it into the box, but I had to sit there for an hour while other people where questioned.

I think Ft Wayne gives 23 dollars a day for jury duty. I made that, 23 bucks for having to go through 2 hours worth of sitting. (Got there at 8, then got sent to the courtroom, left around 10.) I got to work on time, back in the day when my workday was 12:30-9.

Everyone apparently showed up at my summons, but I don't recall if there was a fine for it or not. I'm just glad because I can't be called for duty for the next two years now.

Back