Got bored... So i ripped my engine apart! (NO 56k)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the shipping may cost more. go pay like $30+, a good one will run around 70 though,

Just dont get those crappy metered ones. get one that clicks when it gets to the torque rating.

I might have one somewhere... im gonna have too look through some of my tools.

Before and after some cleaning.

amelia004.jpg

civic001.jpg

Last edited:
I put this head gasket on about 50 miles ago. and if i break a head stud... ill get it out or scrap it. im not exactly worried about this engine.
the gasket will likely leak if you reuse it. if you ABSOLUTELY MUST use it then at least invest in copper gasket spray. It will probably not do any good though.

are the bolts expensive for this d15? I have one sitting on the floor of my garage. I have been thinking of changing the head gasket on it.

the gasket will likely leak if you reuse it. if you ABSOLUTELY MUST use it then at least invest in copper gasket spray. It will probably not do any good though.

lol guys enough with this shit i was kidding about even using the engine. look at the updates.

Shave and wire-tuck the bay. :D

When the engine gets in and its all done and running im doing a tuck and shave.
Right now im just gonna paint the bay and shave it.
Dont wanna fuck with wires till i know everything is good.
End up having issues and not know its its a wire or what. that would suck!

a pressure washer and engine degreaser does wonders.

if you really want to make it sparkle paint the block.

That is one clean engine bay though :thumbsup:
could use a wire tuck but functionality before vanity.

I have both too but i used degreaser with a scrub brush rag and the garden hose.

worked pretty good. now im wondering on what i should do. weld up the little holes everywhere or plug em with somthin i can smooth out. I don't want em to rust from the inside... :(

I dont think ill be doing this anytime soon but if i wanted to do a mpfi swap with would these be all the parts i needed? Im sure i could get everything wayyy cheaper but im just thinking about shit.

Conversion Harness
Fuel Rail / Injectors
Intake Manifold
Throttle Body

Plus if i get my sohc ZC later on from hmotorsonline.com this would all work with it too right?

Since i plan on building it and running boost this would also be better cause of the extra flow... am i right?

junkyards are your friend when it comes to cheap parts, especially if you for get to grab something. You don't have to wait for shipping.

I always hear about people running the y8 manifold and most B/D/F/H throttle bodies bolt up. Port match them if your looking to go bigger to benefit the most.

As far as the little holes, it's too early for me to think of anything.

OK i didn't get pics today but here is what i have left to install on the red hatch.

(1) - Passenger side axle
(2) - Power steering pump
(3) - Bolt shift linkage up under the car
(4) - Switch ecu's
(5) - Bolt on fenders, hood and bumper

Going to try and take some pics right now but all is done exept for bolting up the shift likage.

Back