got done with one swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicsir

ok, i just got done with my 93 b16 engine swap and it kick ass. i was planning on doing turbo, but i have this really good looking silver 89 crx dx sitting in my garage. i am planning on completely redoing the whole car. full roll cage, fuel cell, b16 swap and laughing gas( or turbo).
but since a i got a baby coming in feb. i thought the money i would use for a turbo, well it could go for a new engine for the crx. i mean my civic is fast enough for were i live(no big competion)
so my question is what all will i need to do just a basic b16a sirI swap.
i know mounts, but i am alittle worried about wiring. i can firgure out all the manual labor stuff. i just havent really looked into the wiring part of it.
any help would be awesome. and hints
love those hints.

matt

You need mounts, a linkage, you have to wire it for vtec, knock sensor, BOTH O2 sensors, and a couple other things. You have to bang the engine bay in where the alternator pulley will sit when tight, so it doesnt bang the car. The ECU that comes with that motor or a P28 to convert teh whole thing over to OBD1. But to do that you would need the OBD1 b16 distributor, a distributor hanress (bc the non obd plugs are round and teh obd1 are square). Not a hard thing to make yourself if you have a junkyard locally. You will need to buy a ECU converfsion harness and thast it.

I feel like I'm forgettign something about the swap part. Someoen please tell him what it is that I'm forgettign.

if you want to save money stick with OBD0.....you can use turbo edit or bre ems...to tune...and obd0 engines are cheaper....and a complete change over will be easier...

i got my swap for my civic from hmotorsonline, so i figured that i would buy from them again. just get a full swap and get the lsd this time.
my buddy told me about rywire.com and they have a wiring set you can buy to help convert to mpfi. so i will probably just do this.
is it a real pain in the ass to convert eveything over? i can do wiring, but i just havent done this before.

When i did my 88 crx dx to b16 i bought everything from rywire, worked out good! :thumbsup:
I can't wire much, i can do system's and gauges fine, but i don't like it, but i'm sure my dad could of done it for me, he just never has much time outside from his work.

cool, i'll just order through them. but im getting this crazy idea to convert it over to a hydraulic clutch. i havent checked into it much but i think it can be done. and that would keep me open to more options. i firgure i could swap the pedals for a 92-95 civic and slave cylinder, and just run my own hard lines.
i dont know, its something im going to look into thought.

i know. but i thought about actually running hardlines. and slave cylinder.but i guess i could just go with that. alittle less of a head ache.

Back