Got me a new truck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

1969 Chevy longbed pickup
-almost perfect body, minimal, very minimal rust

-one 1' diameter spot of bondo on the driver door, was applied nicely

-350 motor
--Edelbrock intake mani and carb
--full length headers

-400 tranny, just rebuilt, shift kit and some other good shit put in there, has reciepts for it. but the problem is that it won't shift out of 1st after 1500 miles. it was only warrantied for 1000 so the guy was screwed. i talked to some people and they said the tranny should still be good, just a linkage or other small problem probably

-It's a CST/10 so it has the 6 lug axles that usually come on the C/20 i guess

ok it runs great and is really responsive

guess how much?

700 bucks :lol:

i am gonna pay the guy in a few days if i can get the cash or else it will be 1/2 on the 15th and the other 1/2 on the 1st of next month

and if the tranny is bad, remember i got my '71 POS that is the exact same truck but with a bad motor and awesome tranny

SCORE this truck is going to be so fuckin easy to fix you'll cry tears of joy. I'm guessing his TH400 has a vacuum leak, or the torque converter was improperly installed.

Get pics.

Nice find, I have been looking casually for 6 months for a 67-72 shortbed.

Hell Yeah! I love those trucks to death! What a nice find!

Originally posted by alaskancodkiller@Aug 7 2005, 11:05 PM
lift it and go play in the mud!!!
[post=537211]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

You have to lift it to play in the mud when you're going at it from the back side.

:blink: :blink: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well my frined was telling me that he is almost 100 percent sure its the modulator inside the tranny that needs to be fixed. i dont think the torque converter wsa instaled improperly becuse the guy drove it 1500 miles before it stopped shifting. the shop probably rebuilt the tranny but didnt replace the modulator.

oh and plans for it, well right now my friend has an Edelbrock performaer RPM cam in the box for it, drop the front end a little, get some Flows put on right after the headers, and dump the exhaust about 6 inches after the muffler, and get a professional flat black paint job, or im gonna go with a dark charcoal gray paint. i really dont wanna bring a lot of attention to the looks of the truck as far as someone eyeing it to steal it.

i might rip out the motor and tranny from my '71 and some other crap that the 69 will need, lie a couple of the guages, heater etc. cause they dont work on the 69, then ill probably either junk it or sell it for like 100 bucks

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes@Aug 7 2005, 10:38 PM
a buddy of mine has a 1969 C10 shortbed bagged on 20s and another guy i know has a 1969 C10 longebed thats bagged and lays body. here a link to the longebed: http://www.lowclasscustoms.com/luke.html

just a few ideas thrown at ya to get the wheels movin in your head as to what you can do to it :)
[post=537176]Quoted post[/post]​

Damn that truck is nice. he shaved the area above the windows thta drains the water off? i want to do that becasue mine has the usual rust right there.

Back