Got the car back from the bodyshop

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hope you get this sorted out. Real shitty on the body shop's behalf.

Honda Dealership FTMFW !!!

Just talked to the guy who owns the bodyshop. Let's just say that he was not pleased that I was not pleased.

He's going to a honda dealer to get the proper parts to fix it (again). And the saga continues...

could always try the "fix it right this time or I'll press charges for the theft of the badge that was on the car"

could always try the "fix it right this time or I'll press charges for the theft of the badge that was on the car"
no, he did the right thing.

the shop owner knows that if someone associated with the u.s. government isn't happy, it could kill business.

hopefully they put at it priority 1. it will somewhat fix the situation and it will get an unhappy customer out of his hair.

dude...if insurance was taking care of it...why didnt you take it to the dealership? you would have been satisfied there...

dude...if insurance was taking care of it...why didnt you take it to the dealership? you would have been satisfied there...
he didn't say how close the honda dealer was. he's in germany, so it might not be close.

@smarty009, get_nick: The bodyshop I took the car to was reccommended by the insurance company. The insurance company basicly told me to take it to these people. To wit, this body shop is one of the highest rated body shops in all of Germany, and the insurance company I'm with, USAA, has had nothing but good reviews from them. I don't know what the hell happened.

If I would have known that it was going to be this bad, I would have taken it to a dealership. Then it would have been done right, and probably wouldn't have taken so long. But, they say something about hindsight. The owner was going to a dealership to get prices for stuff to fix it, but now it's out of his pocket, so I'm pretty sure it's going to get done right this time. He's really pissed off that it looks so bad, and that one of the mechanics threw out the badge and the headlight motor.

yeah the screws into your fender walls suck too. i'm glad you're a) with USAA (they're good stuff) and b) getting taken care of.

people need to know they have 3 options when filing a claim.

1) let the insurance company pick out the shop and they pay them directly
2) take it to the dealership, no questions asked
3) get an estimate, find a shop yourself, have the insurance company pay them whatever they estimated, have body shop give you back the difference for what it really cost.

pick one here.

sucks they didn't use honda parts for your car. oh well, as long as it gets fixed. make sure they give you a time estimate and stick by it. then go over it with a fine tooth comb before you take it off the lot.

hmm...the insurance company referred you to them...im hoping this was a fluke that the shop did a bad job, and not someone at the insurance company just trying to get their friend's shop some business...you know what i mean...

@Get_nick: That sure would have been nice to know beforehand, but I know why the insurance company didn't tell me this...

@smarty009: It had to be a fluke. I've known more than a dozen people who this bodyshop has taken amazing care of, they have great quality of work. They've even got a full machine shop. I brought a y8 head to them to get it cleaned up and milled, they did a really good job.

I don't understand why this place did such a bad job this time. When they did some rear-end work on my dad's civic (someone backed into him) they used all OE parts. Then when they fixed a sideswipe on my mom's Envoy, they did such a good job you can't even tell it was swiped.
It would figure that I'm the only one anyone has ever heard of getting bad workmanship from them.

look into your past, maybe you once had sex with a relative of the tech that worked on your car, and never called her back. and he saw this as his one chance to get you back.

or the bosses daughter?

Back