granny Shifting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
Could someone exlpain what granny shifting refers to?
smack me in the face if it's just reallly slow shifting

granny shifting refers to not taking the revs all the way up and shifting slow.... cuz you drive like a grandma

It refers to a grandma driving a riced out 93 civic dx with a soda can exhaust. And cant shift for shit.

granny shiftin' is what you're doing when you're not double clutchin' like you're s'posed to

granny shifting is where you drive a pre 1920's car and put a short shifter in it.....

but seriouse listen to b on this one....

Dammit man

This thread is full of suck.

Granny shifting is when you pussy foot on the RPMs, but not on the throttle. IT's like taking a 12,000 rpm redline Ferrari, gunning the gas, but only shifting at 5,000 rpms. Yeah, you go fast, but you're loading the engine too much.

As far as trucks, "granny gears" are low gears. Like 4WD low in most SUVS. Going "Granny" or "Crawler" means lots of torque at low speeds (Like Blanco said).

I always remember E_SolSi's famous one: "The Italian mechanic came to look at the car. The car was running like shit. The mechanic took the car out, without opening the hood, and shifted the car and drove it like a raped ape. When he got back he threw the keys down and said in his thick accent: 'you drive car like goddam pussy!' as he pointed at the red line 'You shift here, HERE dammit!'"

I'm paraphrasing, but that story always made me laugh.

granny shifting is when you keep shifting lanes like a granny......

as well as

granny shifting is when your riding a bike and shifting with a granny your back

Dammit man

This thread is full of suck.

Granny shifting is when you pussy foot on the RPMs, but not on the throttle. IT's like taking a 12,000 rpm redline Ferrari, gunning the gas, but only shifting at 5,000 rpms. Yeah, you go fast, but you're loading the engine too much.

As far as trucks, "granny gears" are low gears. Like 4WD low in most SUVS. Going "Granny" or "Crawler" means lots of torque at low speeds (Like Blanco said).

I always remember E_SolSi's famous one: "The Italian mechanic came to look at the car. The car was running like shit. The mechanic took the car out, without opening the hood, and shifted the car and drove it like a raped ape. When he got back he threw the keys down and said in his thick accent: 'you drive car like goddam pussy!' as he pointed at the red line 'You shift here, HERE dammit!'"

I'm paraphrasing, but that story always made me laugh.
Now thats funny !!!! I laughed for a minute over that one .

FULL of suck

2 exceptions

lol lock this thread, rather than double clutchin. it's funny when people "show what they know" only after watchin F&tF

The amount of suck was going down until you posted your meaningless and pointless post. Notice that the last post was 2 weeks ago?

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back